Samsung 2232Bw - Power's Up then Dims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 2232Bw - Power's Up then Dims

Hi recently aquired Sasmung 2232Bw, which displays the Image and then dims to darkness, image is still present when light is aimed at it can faintley see Image.

Replaced Bulged Cap 330uf x 1
    Replaced 5 X 820uf for advised 1000uf x 25v caps which looked okay,

i had moved caps 820uf to diffrent positions to see if problem would change, and it did, presents a weird image on screen, my belief then being that 1 or more of the 820uf cap must be faulty.

Replaced for new 1000uf 25v x 5 and powered up to find the original problem still exists.

Question: what controls the back light ???

Should i considering the mosfet, and or replace the other 2 capaciotrs 22uf and 47 uf

HELP !!!!

Re: Samsung 2232Bw - Power's Up then Dims

What caps did you use as replacements?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

For what you say, the problem are the CCFL.

CCFL could cause "2 seconds to black". Take a look at this posts: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=19 & https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=20.

Comment

There are two problems I see:

1) Like tom66 asked: what brand/series caps did you use?

2) More importantly, you replaced 5 820uf caps with 5 1000uf caps. If two of those 820uf caps were near the two inverter transformers, they are part of the timing circuit for those transformers. Replacing them with 1000uf caps will affect the timing and cause the inverter circuit not to operate properly. Replace them with the correct 820uf low esr caps.

Comment

Working...
        X