Component Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Labels

Hey I need some help figuring out the labels for different components on a pcb.

They have labels next to the given component (ie. R232, C373, Q212, etc)
    So far I know
    R = Resistor
    C = Capacitor
    D = Diode
    F = Fuse
    T = Transformer

What is Q, and U?
    What are all the other possible labels? Where can I get this information. thanks!

Re: Component Labels

Q = Transistor
    U = Inductor, can be also labeled as L.

Comment

What are voltage regulators labeled as?

Comment

Depends on the dumb cluck that is labeling them. Since all chips look alike labels include VR, Q, IC, D, and U.

U=Integrated Circuit

... which all look alike so they get many other labels too.
        sig files are for morons

Comment

Diode can be "D" or "CR". "Q" can be a bipolar transistor or a MOSFET. ICs can be "U" or "IC". Zeners can be "CR" or "VR".
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by XtraETN View Post
            What are all the other possible labels? Where can I get this information. thanks!
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...e_designations
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
              U=Integrated Circuit
              What the fuck was I thinking? LMAO. I've been goof'n up alot this week.

Guess that's ok since I did it again tonight. We had a sort change and I kept throwing certain Mississippi to the old sort which was grey and new sort all outstate ground goes pink. I only caught myself at the end of the night and ask how long have I been sorting that to grey.
              Last edited by Mad_Professor; 03-30-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X