Okay, not sure where to post this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, not sure where to post this.

I have a Hannspree 27.5ish inch LCD monitor hooked up to my PC, of late it has been shutting down when the PC goes into sleep/hibernation mode.

Then it won't turn back on, no indicator lights...nothing. Yet oddly, if left alone a few days...it just magically starts up again.

At first the orange indicator light comes on and flashes, then goes solid, then to blue.

It will work fine for a week or longer, as long as it doesn't go into the sleep/hibernation mode again. : P

I am not very PC savvy to be honest, but I try to be a diligent researcher at the very least...and after searching and stumbling onto this site, I'm hopeful.

You guys seem to know about this stuff and I am eager to get some advice on how to proceed...the more I know, the less I tend to be taken advantage of when getting things repaired.

Single female repair syndrome. >.<

Anyway, so far I am wondering if maybe the capacitors are not recharging...whatever that truly means, but it seems as though the monitor revitalizes itself after time.

...which seems pretty odd. : P

I also noted that jiggling the HDMI cord on either end, seems to at the very least make the orange indicator light come on for a split second.

...so initially I thought that maybe the adapter or cord had gone bad.

Any suggestions?

Not looking forward to getting it repaired, too broke to deal with that...but I have an Aspie in this house that literally breathes air through the PC it seems, and he is driving me nuts while it's down for the count. >.<

Thanks in advance for whatever time and knowledge you can share. ^_^.

Re: Okay, not sure where to post this.

Originally posted by PCdweeb View Post
    Any suggestions?
    1) This should have posted in the troubleshooting computer display forum.

2) You can start by posting a clear focused picture of your boards with the following composition.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

Please do not post pictures inline as they slow down the loading of pages.

For best picture quality and clarity take your boards to a window on a sunny day, turn flash off, and use macro mode. Take a top down view of all your boards (front and back). Make sure the photo is legible so that we can read the PCB printing clearly. A shutter speed of 1/125 or faster will produce nice clear focused pictures. Try to get a photo that is 2000x2000 resolution or as close as possible.

3) Your problem could be bad capacitors. Capacitors (C designation on the PCB board) die from age, heat, and shoddy build quality. Capacitors DO NOT have to be visibly bloated in order to bad. They can be out of tolerance uF (a 1000uF measures 20uF) and/or have high ESR (ohm). A multimeter will be insufficient to test for ESR. For that you need an ESR tester which costs between $50 and $300.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Okay, not sure where to post this.

Ummm, I am flattered that you even think I know how to take apart my monitor. LOL

...nevertheless know what pictures to take and of what. >.<

Oh, and I apologize for placing it in the wrong category.

Perhaps this was a bad idea, this place may be far too high tech for my extremely layman mind.

...but thank you for your time just the same, retiredcaps. ^_^.

Comment

Working...
      X