Nvidia G-Force 6200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia G-Force 6200

I have several of these boards w/ bulging & leaking caps. Specifically 1500@6.3. These are coded FZ54 in a metal can.
    Is there a direct replacement for these guys here ?

Re: Nvidia G-Force 6200

Search on this forum for "Sacon FZ" and you will soon find how common this problem is!

Comment

It's the classic Sacon FZ problem - the whole series is crap, they die a lot.

If I remember correctly you need to replace with capacitors that can do 1800-2000 mA (or higher) ripple and 22 mOhm (or less) impedance.

That's basically Panasonic FM/FR series, Nichicon HM/HN series... stay away from general purpose capacitors and stores like Radioshack.. they're not good enough.

This site should have replacement caps for you.
      If you're in US digikey.com also has an easy to use search and order system.
      In Europe, farnell.com may be better for you (less shipping charges)

Comment

Thanks so much for the info !
        All I can see in Nichicon 1500@6.3 are the HZ series. Do I have to special order them ?

Comment

Nix that last. I found some spec sheets on another site that says the HZ can do 2880mA with 9Mohm impedence.

Thanks Again !

Comment

My Geforce 6200 has KZG. Not much better, but still an improvement than Sacon FZ. Glad you were able to get some good caps for yours!

Comment

Working...
            X