Sony KDL-32L5000 No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-32L5000 No Power

Thanks but a visual of the power supply is always the first thing I check, no buldeged caps, no popped transistors or diodes.
    There are no smd fuses local to the connector.
    There are only 2 diodes local to the connector & both test good PICTURE #3 WITH RED RINGS AROUND THEM (ONE HIDDEN BEHIND TRANSFORMER).
    Attached Files

Comment

Measure the AC voltage across the bridge rectifier D6401 on terminals ~ ~ and the DC voltage on terminals - + across the other two pins please.
      What was the value of R6416 with a meter?

There is a possible bridge rectifier to the right side of the large capacitor in your last picture. Have you checked that out?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dick_barton; 03-25-2016, 06:21 PM.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Unplugged with the + probe on the - pin of the rectifier (positive is on the left of the rectifier).
        Testing the DC first ( middle legs) I am getting .680 on both of them.
        AC is .662
        P.S. the rectifier tests good..
        Last edited by Newbie62; 03-25-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Using your meter and with the set powered up as in Post 18 what AC and DC voltages are you reading at the bridge rectifier.
          Last edited by dick_barton; 03-26-2016, 03:30 AM.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Outer legs 170.
            Inner legs 123.
            With the jumper disconnected.
            Last edited by Newbie62; 03-28-2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Well I'm on my 4th ebay motherboard and I finally got the tv to turn on with everything plugged in except the front panel lights/ IR sensor .

Comment

Originally posted by patrax View Post
                Would love to know if anyone ever found a resolve for this symptom, I also have all voltages 24v,3.3v and unregulated 12v and 15v and led's are on,still not getting any backlights. Power button does nothing. After set sits unplugged for sometime all 3 front panel led's stay on. One click from psu during plug in clicks once when unplugged.Sony training manual flow charts in circles? Another stumper I don't want to replace all three boards on. Also unplugging H2 has no effect. Help!
                My KDL-32L5000 HAD NO LIGHTS ON THE FRONT, WOULD NOT TURN ON WITH THE REMOTE OR THE POWER BUTTON ON THE TV ITS SELF.
                I REPLACED THE MAIN BOARD TWICE, THE POWER SUPPLY TWICE BECAUSE I WAS GETTING FUNKY POWER READINGS AT THE MAIN BOARD (VOLTAGES WOULD DROP & no STBY.).
                I UN PLUGGED THE TV FROM ALL POWER FOR 30 MINUETS, UNPLUGGED THE INFRARED SENSOR GAVE IT POWER AND VOILA IT TURNED ON WITH THE SIDE POWER BUTTON, EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT THE IR FUNCTIONS.
                !!!VERY COMMON PROBLEM !!!
                SINCE SHOPJIMMY OR EBAY OR VIZPARTS DON'T HAVE ANY THERE ARE EBAY SELLERS THAT RECONDITION THESE 55 7103.B01G 1A's
                So if the motherboard does not fix it I guarantee having your IR board reconditioned through one of the ebay sellers will fix the no LIGHTS ON FRONT PANEL OR power on issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nuala View Post
                  No secondary voltages and no 3.5v standby. Unplugged h2 module, leds, ir receiver and 3.5v came up. Found c9101 shorted on h2 board.10mfd/10v smd. Also check c9113 t

thanks for the info. I have the same condition and once h2 was disconnected i could power on and off with nice display normally. Thanks again and be well.

Comment

Working...
                  X