Insignia ns-lcd42HD Fade black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia ns-lcd42HD Fade black

I would like to start off saying Hi, and thank you for creating a place that people can come ask questions and get technical answers.

The problem I'm having with my insignia is the TV turns on but after 3 - 4 seconds the screen turns blue and fades out to black.

I've done several test people recommend on here, I've held a flash light to the screen and I cant see any picture.

I pulled the power supply out and de-soldered every cap and test each one. using ohms to test the caps all but 1 tested good, I replaced this cap and still had the same symptoms. I finally tested each pin on the power supply, as you can see in the attached photo.
    [/IMG]

the 5v tested right at 5v
    the 24v tested right at 24v
    and the on off tested at 4.8

so as far as I can tell my power supply checks out, they only other thing I can think of is the main board. What I'm wondering if any one has a testing method or a testing manual for this tv.

[/IMG]

In the second picture you can see the circlued stuff, how do companies get away with cheap connections. I was hoping some one has a picture of one of the main board on the back side. I need to know if those solder jumps are suppost to be that way.

Thank you in advance and if any thing I said was confusing please let me know and Ill do my best to correct it.

Re: Insignia ns-lcd42HD Fade black

I'm sorry mods, do you mind moving this one to the TV area. I clicked the wrong one when I posted this.

Comment

Re: Insignia ns-lcd42HD Fade black

My next plan of attack is to look over the T-con board. I tried using the air can method to test the main board. I'm not sure for how long to spray each component to test, and I didn't spray the T-con board so thats next.

After playing with the buttons, I've noticed that if I just turn it on. The screen goes blue then fades out quickly. If I go through the menu buttons or change the impute source the screen takes longer to black out. However it still fades to black. Also the tv seems slow to respond to the remote but allot quicker with the buttons, This might just be inherent with this model of tv, just worth noting.

Comment

Working...
      X