Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW recap video made and working

UPDATE!

Today I shot and uploaded a New video. It is a tutorial on using the infamous radio shack 45W desoldering iron.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ratdude7.../3/Bt5liP59jBY

Enjoy!

Comments?
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Cool. I was actually curious to see the Radio Shack 45W desoldering iron in action since I was thinking about buying one.

Video itself looks good. For this particular video, though, I think it would have been better if you had the camera aimed at the PCB at an angle rather than look overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        Cool. I was actually curious to see the Radio Shack 45W desoldering iron in action since I was thinking about buying one.

Video itself looks good. For this particular video, though, I think it would have been better if you had the camera aimed at the PCB at an angle rather than look overhead.
        i kinda did angle it a tad.... I didn't want to have to fuss with the focus though.

it was meant to be a "perspective" shot.
        sigpic

Comment

Slightly late to the parade, but...

I liked your vids. Short and to the point.

I'm seeing what looks like my setup: a trusty Weller WP-25, a few Radio Shack irons, and that wonderful desoldering iron.

Yeah, I'm what they call a "cheapass SOB".

Yes, I've used professional equipment, but for my home use (and the average hobbyist), Radio Shack isn't as bad, tool-wise, as others would have you believe. So, when one is just wanting to re-cap a mobo or PSU to get back up and running, yelling at them to order ~$500 of hot-air rework, flux pens, chip-quick (R), and solder pots online kinda rubs me the wrong way. I just tell 'em to hit their local Rat Shack, drop about $30 or so, and "Git 'er dun".

When they get done with their fourth or fifth mobo or PSU, then get the good stuff, as they've just found a new career.

bipolar

Comment

funny that you mention that.

my eqip isn't too pricey either; i have about $55 invested in the actual recapping tools... but the tool box and other tools (multimeter, scewdriver set, pliers, strippers, etc.) put it closer to $175 (I paid less due to sales and the like)
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X