Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new tablet digitizers

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    a update managed to fix the tab 2 with the digitizer from replacebase and it seems to work fine didnt add any new tape as came with good stuff on it.
    Now the acer i stripped it down eventually only to find the whole lcd glass is bonded to the digitizer not just around the edges looks like the whole lcd is stuck down like some mobile phones are, so cant fix that one as looks like lcd is cracked anyway hard too say, ebay do sell some whole lcd/digitizer units but all are the wrong ribbon connectors, i will advise the family member too keep the tablet for spares for there identical unit they have.
    There was a video on YouTube that showed the LCD was just bonded at the edge. Maybe they have changed the design ?

Screens/digitizers are my least favourite thing to replace.

Comment

yes thats the video i went from for dissasembly but its a diffrent model number though. i followed that video and took screen unit out ok but seperating the screen like he did all what happened when i went carefully around the edge was the lcd parted with the backlight assembly so the lcd glass is stuck on the digitizer i have tried carefully going arond the edges even after adding a little heat but the lcd glass is so thin and if not cracked already will do soon. whats your thoughts on this
      https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/For-A...999.262.q98x9a
      ebay do some but wrong ribbon connector just incase they do want it fixed im just forward planning
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-05-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

that's a shitload of money for a tablet!!

Comment

Thats my thoughts too but hey you know what some people are like im seeing them tomorrow so will get them too keep it for spares for there other tablet i think.

Comment

Working...
          X