Sceptre X322BV-HD*WXC100 no picture and no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sceptre X322BV-HD*WXC100 no picture and no sound

I have reballed the IC and everything works as it should. I think the hardest part was getting the heat sink off. It was held on with some silicone based adhesive.
    Attached is a pic of the chip before I replaced the heat sink.
    Attached Files

Comment

well it lasted overnight ...i unplugged it for a few hours and then the same problem.....i guess it needs to be reballed...

Comment

reheated the chip yesterday.....but a little weight on it and counted to 45 this time when heating it with a heat gun..still working today......
        Attached Files

Comment

I didn't even know I had replies here. Forgot to subscribe. Sorry. Anyway, came back to post results. I bought a new transformer for $10 on eBay. Took about a month to get here. I checked the resistances and found the primary to be around .8Ω and the secondary to be around 70-71Ω. The old one was about .9Ω primary and 68Ω secondary. Honestly, they were so close that I just tossed the new one on my bench because I didn't think it was the problem. I just pulled the old one, more to test some new shop equipment than to try to fix the board, but the new transformer did the trick. PN on the transformer was MIP320FL-T3. Hope that is useful info for someone in the future.
          ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Hello everyone! I made a very costly mistake and was hoping someone here might be of assistance if possible. I have the Sceptre X32-BV-HD*CK12BW2 television I was attempting to repair. I was attempting to fix a no image no sound issue with the capacitor repair. The board I am repairing is the power board IPB532 and I decided to replace all of the capacitors just as a safe measure. I started with the largest capacitors first which were labeled as 1000uf 25v but here is where I messed up big time lol I removed 5 capacitors that were all the same size but different ratings and voltage. I had mistaken the 5 capacitors in question for all being the same type and no, this is not my first repair attempt. I have successfully repaired 1 TV, and 3 lcd monitors so there was no excuse for this other than rushing the repair for use. Embarrassingly I removed EC202 EC401 EC402 EC403 EC405 without ever taking notice to the difference in them other than they all were the same size. What are the capacitors that go in these spots so I can finish the repair on my tv lol Thanks and have a great day!

Comment

**Update** So I looked at tons of images online and found out where they go at. In case anyone else does the same they are as follows: EC202 680uF 65v EC401 1000uF 25v EC402 1000uF 25v EC403 1500uF 10v EC405 1500uF 10v replaced with new ones and still the same problem. Will take a look at the IC next and update as I progress.

Comment

Correction on EC202 680uF 35v not 65v

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
                  If your voltages are more like mine, then I'd recommend replacing the main board with the TRSC8.10A 11153 not the 10B 12305. I'm sitting here watching a beautiful picture on this once dead TV. It is quite possible I got a bad or dead 10B 12305 board on ebay. But I also got the 10A 11153 on ebay, and it works like a charm. I'm just posting this to help others with the same problem, to save them some time and money.

Solved
                  thanks for the thorough post , generous sharing of information!
                  I have a 32" RCA LCD model # RLCDV3282A-B with exactly the same
                  problems as others. I plug it in , the red standby light comes on ,
                  click the power on and the blue on light comes on but nothing else
                  happens. Tried everything I could to check the problem, disconnecting
                  the HDMI cable etc. A couple of times the movement of the TV seemed
                  to fix it temporarily and it would power up. One time was afraid to turn it off, so left it on , came back an hour later and the screen was black again with the same problem.

I tried removing the main board today and baking it in the oven but it didn't work.
                  Someone here mentioned that the TRSC8.10A 11153 board is identical to the main board in the RLCDV3282A-B
                  I found a TRSC8.10A 11153 board on Ebay for about $35 including shipping
                  but I am not certain that this would work in the RCA

If anyone knows how to check compatibility for these main boards please post

Comment

You are probably better off starting a new thread since it's a different TV. You will want to rule out the possibility of the backlight inverter or power supply being bad before spending money on a replacement main board. There are a number of different TVS which use the TRSC8.10A 11153 boards, but they are not all going to be compatible. They will have firmware programmed into them which is specific to the TV it came from. You should have a label on the back of your board which will indicate the firmware and panel the board is intended for. If both numbers don't match your TV, then it is likely not compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                      You are probably better off starting a new thread since it's a different TV. You will want to rule out the possibility of the backlight inverter or power supply being bad before spending money on a replacement main board. There are a number of different TVS which use the TRSC8.10A 11153 boards, but they are not all going to be compatible. They will have firmware programmed into them which is specific to the TV it came from. You should have a label on the back of your board which will indicate the firmware and panel the board is intended for. If both numbers don't match your TV, then it is likely not compatible.
                      thank you for taking the time to help, this is good information.
                      please if you will answer some more !
                      So it could still be the backlight inverter or PS if as I described
                      moving the TV around a bit seems to occasionally jostle it back to working?
                      that is why I haven't just thrown this TV away, because the way it sort of flickers between broken and working suggests that not very much might be wrong with the TV.
                      this TV was already in for service twice before the warranty ran out and its only 2 years old. The shop replaced the main board once already on warranty with a similar issue. The issue was that the TV would not turn on again after being turned off unless it was unplugged and rebooted by disconnecting the power. I saw the same used TV for sale for $125, seems maybe I should either buy that instead and junk this , or just run away from this model and start with a new brand and model of TV to replace it. It was bought as a refurbished model from a store specializing in discount refurbished electronics so there's no telling how many repair jobs this one TV has been through over the years.

Comment

Again, you are better off starting a new thread.

Comment

OK, its worth a try start a new thread

Comment

Originally posted by nojgib View Post
                            I have reballed the IC and everything works as it should. I think the hardest part was getting the heat sink off. It was held on with some silicone based adhesive.
                            Attached is a pic of the chip before I replaced the heat sink.
                            Can you explain what is "reballed an IC" and how it is done.
                            Have an 40" RCA with same board and same problem.

Comment

Reballing is reworking a BGA IC. They have tiny balls of solder on their underside and are affixed by reflowing the solder. It's a process which requires a lot of specialized equipment, as well as a significant amount of skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C80O7_galU

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                                Reballing is reworking a BGA IC. They have tiny balls of solder on their underside and are affixed by reflowing the solder. It's a process which requires a lot of specialized equipment, as well as a significant amount of skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C80O7_galU
                                Thanks.
                                I've looked at video, quite a technique + specialized equipment like you mentioned. Don't think my Weller 8200 is up for the challenge.

Comment

Probably not. Lol.

Comment

I have this TV Sceptre X322BV-HD, My TV turns on for a second with the LOGO but then I can not turn it off. After reading these posts I guess I will attempt to reball it. I have a reball station but have not gone the skill down yet.

Comment

My voltage reading coming out of the T.RSC8.10B 12305 board going into the TV BACKLIGHT INVERTER BOARD - VIC91801.BZ seems to be good. My question is "what should my voltage be coming out of the VIC91801.BZ board (see pictured) pink & white wires?

Please help, thank you.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...478#post595478
                                        Are you working on the same make and model of the OP's TV?
                                        Last edited by budm; 10-04-2015, 07:24 PM.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

So....let me get this straight.....

I have a Proscan PLCD5090AB in need of a main board. IF I buy a T.RSC8.10A 11153 board, and solder the proper EEPROM on it, all will be well in the universe?

Is the EEPROM the only difference between the different used for this board?

Comment

Working...
                                          X