60PN5300-UF with 5v on the 15V line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60PN5300-UF with 5v on the 15V line?

Have a 60PN5300-UF which i cannot seem to find the service manual for.

The power supply only provides a VS(200v) a VA(60v) and a 5mv(5v) to the z sustain.
    Then from the Z sustain we have a connector that jumps over to the Y sustain.

Problem is my 15V line is only producing 5V(5.45v) i have other lg service manuals that show the 15v being supplied from the Y sustain but those models are directly connected to the power supply, which in this model it is not.

anyone know the source of the 15V on this model?
    Attached Files

Re: 60PN5300-UF with 5v on the 15V line?

The 15V is actually produced on the Y sustain still and is sent to the Logic(which i dont believe the logic board uses) and Z sustain board.

The problem was that one of the buffer IC's had gone bad causing excessive load on the y sustain. luckily i had the correct IC around and replaced it. Tv is now working perfectly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good fix, BTW 5mV = 0.005V not 5V.
      Make sure it doesn't fail again. Known fault on some late model LG plasmas is bad panel ribbon causing failed Y-buffer.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Really ! I will quickly order for spare parts (IC251 R2A20299FT)

I don't understand, u didn't have ( BGA rework station with Optical Alignment System). How could u solder so neat !!! Am I talk to a robot???
        Last edited by Peter Chiu; 03-28-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

im sorry i meant M5V not 5mv, as labeled on the board. i know the 50" panels go bad because of the cable being so close to frame screw and have already had to scrap 3 unit due to that. but this 60" model looks ok. a little more space.

just used a hot air gun from hardware store and no clean flux paste and my weller PES51 with a ETS tip. oh and a 10X loupe

Comment

by the way here is the service manual for this model, it popped up today.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your Tips , Indeed.
              TQFP 100 Pins ICs ,they use robot to put in place and solder the IC chips.. I mean you as good as robot .Hop! you don't misunderstand,My Apology!
              This is the best investment I ever made, before I use paint-strip-Killer-heat-gun.
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/852D-SMD-Sol...item19fc5d5211
              Last edited by Peter Chiu; 03-28-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X