Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Westinghouse LCM-22w3

Originally posted by Vern95673 View Post
    Hello and thanks to all who help people.
    I was wondering if anyone knew if the Manufacturer was aware of this issue and if they were doing anything about it. I would think that they would at least pay for the new parts.
    Which manufacturer? It appears the Westinghouse name (as applied to LCD monitors and TVs) is owned by Toshiba. They contract with one or more manufacturers in China to provide monitors which are shipped to the USA and other countries. Those manufacturers are little more than assembly houses who buy the LCD panels, power supply, logic board and case from various sources. The company that assembles the power supply / inverter board buys the caps from whomever will supply them at the lowest cost. In any case, Westinghouse probably gave a 90 day / 1 year warranty on the monitor. They have little interest in providing pars for a monitor that was sold 4 years ago.
    Everybody further up the supply chain has even less interest. After all, it DID last more than a year.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

hi everyone. im very new here and cant post a my own thread. i just happen to be replacing caps on this board. ive been electronics tinkering for my whole life. i know a few things. one thing i never questioned and stayed away from till now are the parallel sauter lines on the backs of some boards. they stay within a trace. they seem like maybe a continuity measure. but anyway ive never hit one by accident till now and was wondering if its ok. the cap and the "line" are on the same trace so it seems ok.
      i also dont think i can post pix so ill leave a photobucket link.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...b.jpg~original

thanks
      Fat

Comment

Originally posted by FAT View Post
        one thing i never questioned and stayed away from till now are the parallel sauter lines on the backs of some boards. they stay within a trace. they seem like maybe a continuity measure. but anyway ive never hit one by accident till now and was wondering if its ok. the cap and the "line" are on the same trace so it seems ok.
        The solder adds (a little) to the current carrying capacity of the circuit trace like using a thicker copper but cheaper. As long as you didn't short any adjacent traces you'll be fine.

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X