Panasonic SC Board - BAD 30F131 IGBTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic SC Board - BAD 30F131 IGBTs

Not one of my normal posts but just had something unusual happen to me.

I've done a couple of TNPA5335 boards recently and I had run out of 30F131. Had an extra 5351 laying around so robbed Peter to pay Paul.

That got the 5335 up again and just needed some replacement 30F131.

So after about 3 weeks from Asia, I get 10, thought I'd return that 5351 to being working.

Installed the 3 new parts and pop. Not even a brief flash on the screen. So now I decide to replace 4 since they were two pairs and maybe one pair were not working the same.

pop, again, all 4 shorted. the time previous all 3 had failed but the single OEM unit had survived.

Again there was no issue or failure with this board. So I figure no point using these again.

grab another 5335 board which I had fixed using some Fairchild IGBTs as subs and been happily working for over a year.

Desolder those , then Solder them in and board is working.

These parts looked pretty good and appeared to be OEM but I'm calling them fakes.

I did get a meter and they appeared to react similarly, trashcan

Ebay purchase,

Re: Panasonic SC Board - BAD 30F131 IGBTs

managed to get it going using some of these. I had 1 used original, 3 new and 1 out of the 4 just installed and blew up that seemed like it survived.

Did some resistance checks and 2 gave consistant 1.3 - 1.4 meg, 2 were about 1 meg and 1 gave 220k which stood out. that was a new part never installed. So I paired them up by readings and working.

not much confidence with these though on how long they'll last

Comment

Hi TW I have not had any problems with the ones from utsource,I have used well over 160 of them. I brought two batches of 100 and will need to get more soon. were did yours come from you say eBay but who was the seller ? just so members can steer clear. these board can be bad news to repair without running into problems with faulty IGBTs

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
        Hi TW I have not had any problems with the ones from utsource,I have used well over 160 of them. I brought two batches of 100 and will need to get more soon. were did yours come from you say eBay but who was the seller ? just so members can steer clear. these board can be bad news to repair without running into problems with faulty IGBTs
        Not UT. I'll wait first and see what they say but they have 99.9% positive , been listed since 2010 and sold 189 lots of 10.

That's the surprising part. I must admit I left positive before I had installed them, they looked the real deal.

Is it possible for a percentage of these to fail in the manufacturing process like maybe someone has got hold of a bunch of out of spec parts and flogging them?

Comment

I think you could have holed that in one,as with all things there will be some form of testing at the end of the line,so could well be that these are from the reject bin.I had a look on eBay and one seller has 50 pcs for £9.79 post free, these cannot be grade A Toshiba parts?

Comment

I think you could have holed that in one,as with all things there will be some form of testing at the end of the line,so could well be that these are from the reject bin.I had a look on eBay and one seller has 50 pcs for £9.79 post free, these cannot be grade A Toshiba parts?
            yeah, I can only speculate.

I think these were about $7 delivered free, not often I get caught and feed back is usually a good guide but you probably noticed they make the listing so you can't see the item purchased in the history.

Ebays history is so short now it's useless for digging up info.

I got a feeling I may have puchased some 88N30W 4 years ago from same seller with no issue but hard to believe with 189 lots of 10 pces sold the feedback is not showing something more.

Comment

seller was cole-0520

never got a reply from them, just ordered 50 from UT since I've had no failures there.

Comment

Hi TW The ones you got from cole were they on a reel or loose?I looked him up and £1.39 for ten freepost so 14p each?
                Charles Hyde Panasonic
                30F131 Semiconductor Transistor (B1JBDN000004) £3.95 each plus post and come in a nice Panasonic packet.As I said the other day the UT ones I have used over 160 +of them (two boards today ) no problem, But you have to worry about the kits for sale ? seeing lots of customer boards coming in that have used cheap eBay kits that do not work, and some of the not so cheap also

Comment

I recently bought some 88N30 IGBT's off Aliexpress. They were obviously S/H and cleaned up, with freshly tinned pins Very close examination showed witness-marks where screws/washers had fixed 'em to whatever, and two showed leakage in the 200K range....

Guess I'll not be buying any from there again...
                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

hi all, i am on the same boat as you lot. i purchased gt30f131 from my regular supplier from china, he always sources best quality parts for me it seems he himself gotloaded with fake parts, he sent me these igbt i ordered 100 pieces on a roll but they seemed to be packed freshly and the body of the igbt looked dull, every time i replaced them on blew on switch on pop like relay click.there goes 3x30f131 just got really upset i never had these go just got my blood pressure rising,finally i took origanls out from a working board tried them perfect, i contacted the supplier he told me put them in( boiling water !!!)
                    i thought to my self either i have lost it or these guys are making a joke out of me.anyway watch out for 30f125 and 30g125 to-220f type mostly all fakes please order from rs or farnell or other companies in your country

Comment

RS and Farnell do not list these ? the same with Mouser UK no listings ?

Comment

For Panasonic I usually order from a local Panasonic agent. The parts are more expensive, but I don't need to worry about any fakes

Comment

Maybe this is why my 5351 blew so many times. I bought from UT the first time.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54504

Comment

Hi TW The ones you got from cole were they on a reel or loose?I looked him up and £1.39 for ten freepost so 14p each?
                            Charles Hyde Panasonic
                            30F131 Semiconductor Transistor (B1JBDN000004) £3.95 each plus post and come in a nice Panasonic packet.As I said the other day the UT ones I have used over 160 +of them (two boards today ) no problem, But you have to worry about the kits for sale ? seeing lots of customer boards coming in that have used cheap eBay kits that do not work, and some of the not so cheap also
                            Reel

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                              Maybe this is why my 5351 blew so many times. I bought from UT the first time.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54504
                              This was the first thread that popped into my head when it happened but since you said you got kits thought what's the chances you had duds too?

Maybe, but when you know the board is good and just needs the bits and they pop, what other conclusion can you have.

I just can't figure how you can sell so many and still have 99.9% feedback unless the seller just got a bad batch and all there previous stock was ok.

Comment

put the Paypal claim in, got an instant refund and apology. Did suggest they check their stock

Comment

Try the boiling water tip from microtechservice or throw them overboard ?

Comment

Try the boiling water tip from microtechservice or throw them overboard ?
                                    Roger that I'm on it.

May chuck them in with my eggs.

Comment

This saga now continues.

Just received a batch of 50 x 30F131 from UTSOURCE. These are stamped 170, 1132.

Just to be clear so everyone can understand why I believe these have an issue, this is the sequence.

I already had an issue from a qty 10 as mentioned from another supplier for a 5351 board.

I'm now on a 5335 needing 3 x RJP30H2 + 3 x 30F131.

The RJP30H2 from e-best_trade so far have proven reliable and in fact i used these on both banks on another board due to this 30F131 issue, no probs there.

So I have this board ready to go, RJP30H2 in place, awaiting the 30F131, install 3, and pop. the whole lot (6)stuffed. No issues with the drives ccts but for giggles checked the bloody lot, all good.

To prove the board, I grab my trusty subs,(6, for both 30f131 & rjp30H2) FGD4536 which were sourced local from RS Components and already been used over the last 12 months.

In they go, power up, no issue , display normal.

Being confident the RJP30H2 are not the issue, remove 3 x subs and put in place the RJPs in their correct location.

Power up, perfect, no issue.

Back to the 30F131 I just got, remove the last 3 x subs, put these in their correct location, pop.

The whole lot stuffed again.

Now if anyone can suggest anything else as a variable, I was thinking maybe I cooked them but I'm giving these the same amount of heat as the others and only these fail so I think there must be a large supply of rubbish out there.

I'm trying to use resistance checks to get some idea but I don't know what I'm looking for. Like I said earlier I have one reading 290K, these are higher but not consistant anywhere between 800k to around 1 meg and I have one with 490K?

This is what I'm doing.

Fluke meter, resistance.

blk on the tab(collector) then red on emitter, to gate, back to emitter.

I'm trying to get a video, 2 of these are UTSOURCE and the 290K or 0.290 Meg is the bad batch 2 weeks ago

Comment

hoping this video link works. Oh, and UT wants me to double check which is funny because I rebuilt the board 4 times to prove a point.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwu...ew?usp=sharing

Anyway, I've unpacked the remaining 44 of these and my personal take on these is crap. The variations I'm seeing in resistance is incredible, 1.3meg down to 300-400k and I think anything much less than a meg is going to fail.

I just found one of the 3 that did not short and it's reading 1.2meg, this is the second measurement in the video I'm quoting.

Comment

Working...
                                        X