Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

Thank you!
    The firmware which I downloaded from denon official is only 20mb...

I'll try with that firmware and will report. I'll also start looking for someone who can write the flash dumps.

Comment

Officially Denon gives the upgrade, the 160Mb is for service, for clean flashes,
      only ic U3002 R5F56108VNFP must be factory programmed.

Comment

Happy new year!

I tried upgrading the firmware with USB, but with no success. It looks like the receiver just does not recognize the button combination.

I also contacted several repair shops, but they all refused to write the H27U dump data to the chip... "too complicated to write on NAND", "only raw data could be written", etc.

So now I'm stuck again.
        @BayerD If you have done this before, will it be possible to buy from you already written H27U1G8F2BTR ( and other memory chips if necessary )... or sent you my HDMI board to fix it?

Comment

I need a flash dump for Denon avr-2802 , for eeprom AT49LV002-70TC . Best regars!

Comment

Hi Sparx59

I would like to buy a AT49LV002-90TC for a AVR2802

I have tried to PM you but im not sure you have received it.
            Could You please PM me?

/Mads

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post

I think I'll try to properly reheat with hot air gun the ball-soldered components ( U1601-ADV8003, U1302-ADV7850, U1802-"MEMORY-RAM K4T51163QJ-BCE7" 512MB and U1801-"MEMORY-RAM K4T51163QJ-BCE7" 512MB ).

Any other ideas?
              Just breaking in to make a comment about reheating BGA's....
              Don't do it. The only thing that will help is reballing with tin/lead balls.
              Every time you reheat the board, it will increase the chance you create blisters on the board ( depending on the quality of the board ).
              So, if in doubt, always reball!

Comment

Hi,

I found my Denon AVR2802 had failed in the way described above. However I noticed that in some situations (detailed below) I could hear very faint audio coming through the amp.

If you would like to re-use the following functionality of your amp then there is a fairly easy fix. With the ‘fixed' unit I can:

•Use the amplifier to amplify an external (analogue) source
                •Volume control works
                •Muting works
                •Power speakers A and or B, and potentially surround and sub as separate channels (have not tested)

What does not work:
                •The radio receiver
                •Switching to any other sources
                •Video switching (untested)

Step 1 - confirm your amp has the same fault symptoms as mine had:

A.Connect a source to the FL/FR EXT. IN inputs (e.g. phone, MP3 player, computer) [img]
                B.Connect speakers to the FR/FL outputs
                C.Configure the ‘source' to be EXT.IN
                D.Turn up the volume to around 0dB - you should hear nothing.
                E.Turn off the amp and turn it back on
                F.Only adjust the main volume, turning it gradually up to +18db - you should hear the EXT.IN source signal coming faintly out the speakers.
                G.Note if you do any other adjustment to sources at this point then you will have to power-cycle the system.

Step 2 - disable the mute which is in place

There are a couple of places in the audio signal path that the system can mute the sound. Some are electronic and some are electromechanical (i.e. relays). I think what was happening on my system was that because the main DSP was failing (probably due to the ROM failing as described elsewhere) the microcontroller was then muting the signal. The electronic mute used is not infinite, hence why the test in step 1 works. In this step we disable the mute (permanently).

A.Power off the amp
                B.Take off the top case (as described in the service manual)
                C.Unscrew the back panel (a lot of screws!)
                D.Remove the DSP card to give access to connecter CX114 on the base PCB. [img]
                E.Use a solder blob to short pins 3 and 4 of this connector. [img]

Step 3 - test

A.Re-attach “EXT.IN” inputs to test and feed in a signal
                B.Power on the amp and slowly increase main volume from lowest volume.
                C.If this fix has been successful then you will hear sound from your speakers when the main volume is much lower that in step 1.
                D.Having confirmed the fix, reassemble the unit (you could run it permanently without the failed DSP board).
                E.Enjoy a few more years out of your amp instead of dumping it!

Note: even with this fix any change to the ‘source' will cause the amp to mute until it is power cycled. This functionality works for me (I only use one internet-connected source into my amp) but may not work for you. No DSP or digital functions (like DTS, Dolby, etc) are available. If you need the DSP then consider replacing the ROM as detailed elsewhere.

Comment

Thanks everybody--I bought a Denon at a local second-hand store--took it home and tried to hook it up with a satellite converter, tv, cd, DVD, and Rega Planar turntable. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong in the wiring--everything seemed to be working except I was getting no sound--until I ran across this thread. I ended up photocopying the thread and took it and the unit back, explained the situation and he took it back and gave me $70.00 off a Sony receiver (not the quality of the Denon but it is working--and I have $70 in my pocket). Thanks again--particularly Henk!!

Comment

I need a flash dump for Denon avr-2802 , for IC817 AT49LV002-70TC .
                    Best regars!

Comment

Hello All,

I have a Denon AVR-2802 with the no-sound problem. Anyone can help me to buy the IC?

Thanks !

Comment

Hi .
                        Can you please upload the dump file for IC817.
                        The link you provided is not working.
                        Thx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by sparx_59 View Post
                          Here you go
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcembdd9eq...02%20dump?dl=0

Flash it on a new chip, solder it on the board, and ready!
                          hello
                          please add a new link .. this one is dead
                          thank you

Comment

Hi Nikmanas,
                            The link does not exist!!! (ERROR 404)
                            Do you have the file on your PC so you can download to the forum?
                            Please advise

Comment

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...avr-2802.shtml
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

still no link
                                does anyone have the file to upload it?

Comment

Hi All,

I am having problems with Digital Board on Denon AVR-1612. The microprocessor R5F56108VNFP gets over heated.

If i decided to replace R5F56108VNFP do i need to flash program?

Also please help me if anyone can program it for me.

Thank you-

Comment

Hi Sparx59
                                    I'm very happy to find your post.I have a same prbl. whit my old avr 2802.
                                    Unfortunatly the url what was you posted isn't work...O>((...there is no file!!!
                                    Can you send me a copy from this flash please?
                                    Many thanks
                                    Regards Bill

Comment

I also am looking for the FLASH image and/or replacement flash chip.

My Denon AVR-982 (2802) is collecting dust since I initially debugged it in December 2014. Oscilloscope showed that the DSP is continually resetting
                                      and I suspected bad FLASH chip IC817. Since then, I recently found this post, and I am hoping that Henk "sparx_59" will reply with updated links for the flash image.

thanks
                                      Chris

Comment

Re: Denon avr 2802: Reflashed bin using Macronix & TL866 pgmmer

I replaced my Flash Chip and reflashed. Some of the symptoms are better (but the unit is not working completely). I wanted to provide some details in case this helps anyone. I also used a much less expensive programmer.

Materials/tools:
                                        (see attached photos.)
                                        The new Flash, although 2x the size, appears to have comparable specs (Voltage, Timings, Access time, and Package/Pinout e.g TSOP 32 8x20mm). I believe the ONLY difference is that Pin 9 (RESET# on the Original FLASH, which is unused/tied high) is now “A18” (because the new Flash has one more address bit since it is 2x the size). The Boot block/programming does not matter because the flash is used in READ mode only on the DSP board.

After I removed the original Flash IC with the Chip Quik, I cleaned the leads, then carefully installed it in the 32-TSOP adapter. Using the TL866/Mini pro, I read out the Atmel AT49LV002 FLASH contents several times. I was surprised that it gave consistent checksum (0x00F6_F4EA). Since the checksum is ‘correct', I am actually not sure that the flash is bad (although it may be “slow” or ‘degraded' as described by Sparx earlier in this forum). I saved the memory image to a binary file. It matched the one described (but not currently provided) by “sparx_59” / Nataf on the Badcaps website (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=45694&page=5).

NOTE I HAVE ATTACHED A ZIP file with the 2 binaries. (one 256k, the other doubled to 512K)

For the binary memory contents file to be programmed:
                                        I copied the 256K codes (0x0000-0x3FFFF) so the same code will be programmed in the upper half of the Flash memory (0x40000-0x7FFFF). This way, regardless of the value of address bit A18 (high or low), the data read out will be the same.
                                        The new checksum is then 2 * 0x00F6_F4EA=0x01ED_E9D4) but it is really the same code as the original.
                                        I used a perl script to read the binary file, compute the checksum (sum of all bytes), and then write copy the code to the ‘upper' half. But later I saw that the minipro software also allows you to add an offset when loading the memory file (see below) so this was not actually necessary.

In the TL866 minipro s/w: Selected IC for the new flash: “MX29LV040C @TSOP32”.
                                        Fill memory with zeros (Fill block, code memory, with value 0x00). -> checksum is 0x0000_0000.
                                        Read in the 256K Binary file (File -> open -> select file, and change “clear buffer when loading the file” to “Disable” ). Now the checksum is 0x00F6_F4EA (same as original value).
                                        Read in the 256K binary file again but this time put it in the upper half of the memory (“File-> Open -> Select file -> “File Load Options” -> “Load Mode” : “To Buffer Strat Addr(HEX)” change from 00000 to 40000 (hex)) AND again change “clear buffer when loading the file” to “Disable”. -> Checksum 0x01ED_E9D4. Now the upper half should match the lower half.

NOTE: Doubling the code is not required if you chose to modify the DSP board, to remove the 0-ohm resistor (R949) which ties Flash PIN 9 to Vcc=3.3V, and instead, connect it to ground (to hold Pin 9 which is A18 on new 512KB Flash.) But I figured, I only want to do this one time, so I might as well put the DSP code in there twice, rather than leaving the upper half of the Flash unused.

After programming the new flash with the mini pro, I verified it several times. Then I soldered it back on the DSP board.
                                        I carefully checked for shorts between pads before soldering and removed a few solder bridges. Soldering was tricky due to the 0.5mm Pitch. After soldering, I used an ohmmeter to check for shorts between every pad, and for continuity from each IC lead, to the corresponding PCB pad.

As I said, this did not completely resolve the problem but I believe that the DSP flash is OK now.
                                        I have scoped out a lot of signals on this unit. Before I replaced the Flash, I observed that the DSP was continually getting reset during the download of the code via the Autoboot sequence. This is no longer happening - Now I observe that the DSP gets reset only ONE time each time the selector knob is changed. The DSP CPU mutes the volume, resets the DSP, pulls the INTREQ low (to enable the AUTOBOOT), then waits for the DSP to finish reading the flash memory. That all seems correct. However, I don't understand the messages that come on the SPI bus between the DSP and the DSP CPU.
                                        I have access to schematics and service manual (downloaded it a few years ago, but I don't know where from). The datasheets are useful (Cirrus/Crystal Semi CS493292/CS49300 family DSP datsheet and App note AN163_28162). I have gained a lot of understanding since starting this rather long project and I may go into details in a later post.

After I replaced the Flash Chip, the DSP no longer continually resets, but the unit is still not working. I am not sure why. I will try to provide update in the future. Thanks.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

PS:
                                          One more attachment showing the screen grab in the mini pro software after reprogramming the new Flash Chip.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X