LG 42LH3000 - Half picture missing/distorted - AUO panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LH3000 - Half picture missing/distorted - AUO panel

Just fixed this one with a friend. Nice 42" 1080p LCD. The fault was the left half of the picture was missing (black), or unstable (noisy, fuzzy etc) like in Norcal's video below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44

Same "AUO" panel as that Sanyo, I think.

We fixed the two outer tab bonds... and the results speak for themselves .

In our case it was the bond on the PCB-tab interface that had failed. We found applying pressure to the IC did not affect it.

This is our first truly big-screen tab bond repair that was successful. The Sony KDL-40W5000 was a disaster with a cracked panel being the result. Luckily, this TV was acquired for very little. The fix was stressful to do, but it all works .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tom66; 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: LG 42LH3000 - Half picture missing/distorted - AUO panel

off topic: Did your sony 40" actually appear to respond to pressure on the side of the screen? I fixed a Sony KDL-40s5100?? i think it was, by running a small wire and resistor from a test point on the top to one of the tabs on the side, but mine didnt respond to any pressure on the tabs.
    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Re: LG 42LH3000 - Half picture missing/distorted - AUO panel

Yeah, the 40" did. It used a Samsung panel. I think both defects exist with 40" Samsung panels.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
      X