Olevia 242TFHD-T11 42" TV Start Up Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olevia 242TFHD-T11 42" TV Start Up Problem

Alright. Thanks for the help! I will be able to work on it some tomorrow!

Comment

How do I remove these clips? I don't wanna yank em and mess it up...
      Attached Files

Comment

They are lock/latch style connecters you can pull them off, might have to wiggle. If you still can't get them off, use a small flat head screwdriver and wedge between the latches and then pull again. Also would be easier if you had the screws in on the board.
        Last edited by Mad_Professor; 08-26-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Got em thanks.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Repair-Olevia-.../dp/B005PT5FII

Would I be ok going with this kit??

Comment

Avoid, a rip off and problematic. Simply make a note of each of the caps you have on the board and order Panasonic FC, FM or FR from DigiKey. Total cost, including shipping, will be less than $10 and you can be guaranteed they'll work perfectly. Manufacturers often change boards mid version because of supply or price reasons, so the caps in that kit could be incorrect. Also, no mention of quality - cheap generic caps will die in short order.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That's the one on ebay that I also purchased. There was one wire on the new ps harnese that was placed in the wrong pin hole slot on the invertor plug next to the ps. Just match all your wires for the new ps. Mine works great. Color and detail have greatly improved as well. I think my Olevia is a top notch tv and didn't want to give up on it. The back is easy to remove and the ps is simple to change. No soldering required.

Comment

How do better caps improve picture quality and colour??
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It really did. Picture was blocking before until it warmed up and the colors were no way near as bright.

Comment

I remain skeptical. Bad caps can cause stuff like greyscale video (dropping analog supply), digtal glitches (freezing picture, lines, etc.) Maybe brightness if 24V was low. But improvement of colours?

Comment

You've got to remember I had just also replaced the mother board just a week before the new ps and it wasn't just the caps, it was a completely factory fresh new ps.

Comment

How difficult is it to get the back cover off of this set? Can it become while standing up or must it be laying down? Thanks. I want to work on mine, but due to a spine issue it would be much easier if I could do it with it on the stand. Thanks.

Comment

I laid mine on a towel face down on the dinning room table with my wifes help and a bad back as well. I wouldn't recommend trying it up right.

Comment

Originally posted by n3kf99 View Post
                              How difficult is it to get the back cover off of this set? Can it become while standing up or must it be laying down? Thanks. I want to work on mine, but due to a spine issue it would be much easier if I could do it with it on the stand. Thanks.
                              I'm fairly certian you will be able to remove the back cover off with the plasma upright, but it would most likely be easier with it lying flat. I'm not familiar with this model but the handful ive come across have just been a decent amount of screws to remove.

Can even hang the stand off the edge of the table if you dont want to remove it, while it is lying flat.

I'm fairly certian that you can work on it upright (can help if you want to be able to glance over and see if there is any life on the screen, in my case recently)

But for removing boards, etc - lying flat is signficantly easier.

Comment

Basically have the same model and proble. Changed c-21, 22. Lights on main board light up, blue power light comes on for about 2 seconds then goes out. TV doesn't come on. What next???

Comment

Hi all, Just replaced the power supply in my set and it works great thanks to this thread. You guys are awesome, and saved me the price of a new TV vs 50 bucks for the power supply.
                                  Thank you all!!!

Comment

I have the same model TV and am experiencing a similar problem. Glad I saw this thread: THANK YOU tom66 for the advice on cap ordering as I was *just about* to place an order for that Amazon kit. I will start a new thread this afternoon so I can post pictures of the power board. I would like to confirm my suspicions that my only problem is bad caps.

See y'all soon!

-Biscuit

Comment

Working...
                                    X