Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony/Samsung HDTV with alot of AV, HDMI, Composite, PC Ports???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony/Samsung HDTV with alot of AV, HDMI, Composite, PC Ports???

Hi there I am looking into buying a new television and I have come into a problem with all new HDTV's. Every tv they sell brand new current generation does not have enough ports! I am interested in a tv that has a lot of ports... and other features as well so please can someone post a list or link me to televisions that have the following specifications???:

01. At least 3 Stereo/Composite Video ports (red white yellow)
    02. At least 3 HDMI ports
    03. At least 1 S-Video port (not a big deal if it doesn't have one)
    04. At least 1 RF port (coaxial cable port)
    05. At least 2 Component Video Ports that include a red and white (Red , White, Red, Blue, Green)
    06. At least 1 PC VGA Input & 1 PC Audio Input
    07. If the TV has internet then 1 Ethernet port (internet not a must)
    08. At least 1 USB port (Not a big deal if there isn't one)
    09. At least 1 optical out port
    10. At least 1 audio jack (if possible but not a big deal)
    11. 3D would be nice but not a must
    12. 1080p a must
    13. 42 Inches or More
    14. 60Hz or more refresh rate (At least 120Hz if 3D compatible)
    15. Would prefer it to be LED not LCD (Also must NOT be a plasma!!!)

I found all the port definitions here if you need any clarification onto what I am talking about... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/...out-todays-tvs
    Last edited by whitezombie455; 11-28-2013, 06:02 PM.

Re: Sony/Samsung HDTV with alot of AV, HDMI, Composite, PC Ports???

You will not find a modern TV with this port set. Heck even a 5 year old TV would be lucky to have two component + two composite ports.

What you need is an AVR, like a Onkyo TX-SR605. They have 3 component, something like 5 composite, a few Svideo and two HDMI ports. You can get other models with up to 7 HDMIs. They convert all formats to HDMI so you only set your TV to HDMI, plus they figure out audio automatically.

Unfortunately most modern AVRs are going the same way as TVs; less and less inputs. The new Yamaha high end AVRs have two component and usually at least three or four composite, but no S-video at all. The main reason is, nearly everyone uses HDMI for everything. Everything on any TV I have set up in the past year or so is exclusively HDMI, with the exception of the old Xbox 360, which used the component port.

The cost of such a system is likely to exceed that of buying new equipment with HDMI ports to replace the old stuff.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Good HDTV with alot of AV, HDMI, Composite, PC Ports???

Actually LCD doesn't matter to me at all... Anyways the best model closest to what I want I could find was the Samsung Model#: LN46C750

Can you please reply with similar or even better Sony tvs?
      Last edited by whitezombie455; 11-28-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

You won't be able to buy a C-series Samsung now - C-series is 2010. You can buy F-series (2013) or maybe E-series (2012), which in US has a combined component/composite port, usually a minimum of two HDMI, and a tuner. That's it. I'm sure you can buy an old RPTV with eleventy billion inputs, but what's the point? If you really need that many inputs then buy an older AVR and send it to a new plasma/LCD with HDMI. Or upgrade your equipment to HDMI, which is likely to be cheaper.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          You won't be able to buy a C-series Samsung now - C-series is 2010. You can buy F-series (2013) or maybe E-series (2012), which in US has a combined component/composite port, usually a minimum of two HDMI, and a tuner. That's it. I'm sure you can buy an old RPTV with eleventy billion inputs, but what's the point? If you really need that many inputs then buy an older AVR and send it to a new plasma/LCD with HDMI. Or upgrade your equipment to HDMI, which is likely to be cheaper.
          It took me 5 hours but I found ONE website!!! Lol.... No seriously I know it is probably cheaper to get a receiver just you would think tvs would still come with at least 2 red white yellows I mean I need it for my cable for god sakes AND I have an N64 that I occasionally play... I understand I could just get a receiver but I shouldn't have to... Anyways take a look here: http://tvsuperstores.com/Samsung_46_...HDTV_3611.html

Sadly it is overly priced AND it in the USA and it is only via credit card... I would need it to be shippable to Canada along with able to use paypal lol... But yeah seriously idc if stores don't sell the tvs I would like but if I can find them online then that is A-okay! So please do you have any television models similar to the one I linked you to that you know of (I don't need a direct link to a website if you don't have one just a model name and brand) ???
          Last edited by whitezombie455; 11-29-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Panasonic's TH-42PZ8xx series plasma have two component, two rear composite + one side/front composite + 2-4HDMI. Unfortunately they are 2008 models.

Other than that, no idea myself.

If you only use your N64 etc occasionally, just get used to switching inputs or buy an external switch box (I got one for £3 a while ago, it took 3 composite and convert to one.)

Comment

Working...
            X