Samsung 305T went BANG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 305T went BANG!

I recently replaced the caps on the power supply board of my 305T, and it has been working great for the past 6 months or so. Yesterday my kids were using my computer, and after the monitor had been on for about 30minutes it suddenly made a loud BANG and turned off, never to return again. When I opened it up there was a very obviously blown PCB type fuse near the large reservoir cap...only a black smudge remained where it used to be! Tonight I replaced the fuse, but as soon as I turned the power back on it blows the fuse again.

Any idea about what other component on the board may be toasted and is causing the fuse to blow?

Thanks,

Jim Thompson

Re: Samsung 305T went BANG!

Post some pictures of the board. That is our standard operating procedure here. Since you found this website and note that it is called bad caps.... Have you looked over all the capacitors to see if any are bulged? The next line of attack will be to check the rectifier diodes and the transistors on the power supply board board for shorts. If these all check out, then its on to the inverter section. If this monitor has the inverter on a separate board, you can unplug it and see if your results with a new fuse are different.

edit: I see that you have posted about this monitor before back in May and replaced the caps. What kind did you order?
    Last edited by bluto; 12-13-2012, 10:30 PM. Reason: new stuff has come to light

Comment

Sounds like the Bridge Rectifier has gone short circuit,and is the first thing that should be checked

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a look at the rectifier. The CAPs all look pristine, and there is no other obvious visual sign of a fried component.

Regards,

Jim

Comment

Pictures? what caps did you use for the recap?
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
          X