Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Geforce 4600 Ti Unkown Caps

Hi ,
    I want to replace all the capacitors on this video card and i have some issues not knowing the value for some capacitors.

My problem is with those surface mount caps. Not sure what value i'm looking at
    The green-silver metallic one i think i know: 6v 470uf.
    But the black-slver metallic ones i do not know. Can anyone help me with this?
    (markings 330 6a 2g4 and 27 1000 6a)

I've attached some photos for you to look at.

Also i have some doubts about the blue ones: 4v 510uf. Seems a very odd value. Am i reading this right?

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Nvidia Geforce 4600 Ti Unkown Caps

your video card seems to use all good quality branded jap caps. replacing the caps is unneccessary unless u are experiencing problems with the card. if it aint broke, dont fix it. the bga on the card will probably fail first before the caps.

anyway, 330 6a = 330uF 6V
    1000 6a = 1000uF 6V

for the sanyo 510uF 4V caps, they are most likely custom orders. u can replace them with 470uF or 560uF caps. caps have a ±20% tolerance. 470 and 560 are within the original tolerance band of 510, so they will work fine.

Comment

No need to replace those caps. They are all from high quality brands The memory chips will fail before the caps do.

Comment

Thank you guys. I really love this forum.

The green-silver metallic ones are not ok. You can see from the pictures that they are bulging or starting.

This card is a bit modded and not overclocked(i bellieve what the previous owner said ). Bigger radiator on video chip(i looked at it and it seems it's CPU cooler glued,maybe some thermal glue, to the chip), custom coolers on the memory chips(these also glued). I think it will hold another decade.

Anyway, beeing such a rare card i will poly mod it.

Thanks all.

Comment

I love this forum too

They aren't bulging. It's normal for them to look like that.

Comment

I concur as to what was said here by the other members.

Basically, your video card has good capacitor on it, so no need to change anything.

By the way, that is an awesome video card, despite being a bit outdated. I bought a 4400 Ti about half a year ago and was amazed by how well that thing performs for its age. Even Half-Life 2 EP 2 was no problem for it if I turned down the filtering mode to Trilinear.

Comment

Ok then. You all conviced me to let it be. I will not change the caps anymore.
              Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X