Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinkpad t30 screen goes blank

Hello,

Just two days ago, my Lapi screen started going blank. the lapi is on, but the back light goes off.

When plugged in an external monitor, the screen displays fine.
    I have 1GB Ram, 80Gb hard drive and installed windows xp.

Research from google shows that most people says its the inverter, others says its not the inverter. but screen.

Any suggestions

Re: thinkpad t30 screen goes blank

Does the display have pink/red-ish tint when cold, which goes away when it warms up?
    if so, it's the panel (actually the CCFL tube inside).

If not, it's most likey the inverter.
    Set windows up so it doesn't go into standby (or whatever) when you close the lid (screensaver properties page).
    if it comes back on after you've closed the lid for a bit, the inverter is suspect.

Also check if you can see anything on the screen when the backlight is off by using a flashlight/torch. Works best when playing a video with lots of movement in it in fullscreen mode instead of a static desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by scenic View Post
      [b]does the display have pink/red-ish tint when cold, which goes away when it warms up?
      no

set windows up so it doesn't go into standby (or whatever) when you close the lid (screensaver properties page).
      If it comes back on after you've closed the lid for a bit, the inverter is suspect.
      yes it does

also check if you can see anything on the screen when the backlight is off by using a flashlight/torch.
      YES

Comment

then it's 90% the inverter cutting out

Comment

if i use an adapter with slightly higher voltage rating, can it affect it,aking it behave this way?

Comment

Working...
          X