samsung ln40c500 sound no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung ln40c500 sound no picture

Hi,I have this tv that when turns on and get a split second of snow then no pic.but sound continues, I have the back off and i can see that the backlights are on.any thoughts? could it be a bad panel? or hopefully something easier. thanks guys.

Re: samsung ln40c500 sound no picture

Could be a bad T-con. I just did one where it had steady backlight and had sound, was a failed chip on the T-Con board. I would say it's either that or a mainboard issue. The main gives the signal to the T-Con and the T-Con turns the picture on. Usually with my experience which isn't that much but some, it loses sound if it's the mainboard.

Comment

I am having trouble locating a service manual for this.anybody know where i can find one?

Comment

what can i check to determine if its tcon or main?

Comment

Look on the t con board. Most have a fuse labeled f1 and you can check for continuity and also the voltage on both sides of it. Also doesn't this tv have two ribbons going to the lcd panel cause its a 40in. You can also try disconnecting one ribbon cable at a time that goes to the panel and then turning on the set to see if half the screen starts working.

Comment

Some tv's mute the pic when no signal on the input. Does the menu does not show up as well ?

Comment

checked fuse,has 13v on both sides of it.disconnected one ribbon at a time with no pic at any time,the menu doesnt come up at all.I dont know if there is supposed to be more voltages present on tcon from main board or not

Comment

Did you take one ribbon out then turn the tv on and test it then turn tv off and swap ribbons then turn back on. Cause if you swap them with the tv on it will short most of the time. If you did do it correctly I would say you need a t con board.

Comment

i did power it off when removing ribbons,luckily.a tcon would be about the best solution

Comment

is it a bad sign when shopjimmy has 165 tconn boards in stock?

Comment

If it powered off when you were doing the ribbons then you didn't test it correctly. You need to have the tv off and unplug one of the ribbons. Turn the tv on and see if you get a picture on half of the tv. Then turn the tv off and unplug the other ribbon and plug the ribbon you unplugged before back in. Then turn the tv on and see if you get a pict on half of the screen. If you unplug it while the tv is on it will short and the tv will shut off and you have to turn it off and back on to reset.

Comment

yes i did it just like you say

Comment

Ah sorry I read your response wrong. I would try the t con if removing each of them did not chane the image on the tv.

Comment

so i switch out the tcon board and now i have about a four inch band of up and down stipes.when i put the original t con in if has a black screen.any thoughts

Comment

Working...
                            X