Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 10 Blink, LC0719-4001DC PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 10 Blink, LC0719-4001DC PSU

I have a Panasonic with the typical 10 blink code. I thought it would of been the easy IC and cap swap on the PSU board, however this one has a completely different PSU than what I expected. It doesn't seem to have the little MC301/201 board.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Glitcher; 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM.

Re: Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 10 Blink, LC0719-4001DC PSU

Uh... umm... that's odd. That's a completely different PSU. ShopJimmy does show it as a possible part though.
    For 10 blink, check the F15V outputs from PSU.
    Does relay click 3 times?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm not familiar much with Panasonic parts, which is the F15V output? It seems there aren't any labels for the outputs on the psu.. And yes it does click 3 times as soon as the power is plugged in.
      Last edited by Glitcher; 05-06-2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

It appears the PSU is used in TH-C42FD18 too perhaps a late model change? End of year refresh?
        Manual:

Also check SD card slot for coins or metal stuck in it. Common cause of 10 blink fault.

Connection diagram is on page 30.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This panel doesn't have any SD card slots.

I checked the psu outputs for for any voltages near 15v. I found some pins outputting 5v and 3.3v and but everything else is zero.

Comment

These sets have an SD card slot hidden on the back of the A board, at least from memory, I could be wrong. (I'm assuming it's similar to the cut-down TH-42PZ8BA model...)

Try checking the F15V pins (use the P board schematic, a different P board but identical pin out) to find an F15V_STBY pin, check the voltage as the TV cycles on and off.

Comment

I still don't see any SD slot anywhere.

Ok I think I see it in the diagram. Is it FSTB+15V? Its in connecter P6, pins 7 or 9.

So placing my probe on those pins, as soon as I plug in the set, it goes up to 15V for a second and then drops down to near 0 immediately.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Glitcher; 05-06-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

If the 15V goes down quickly next step is checking Vsus, should hit about 190~200V (exact rating printed on panel.) If it is low then isolate SC/SS - if it jumps to 6/7/8 blink you have a VSUS short. I believe SC & SS boards are cheap for these models so I would exchange any that are bad.

Comment

Looks like Vsus is low measuring 0.02V.

I unplugged P11 (SS board) and then P2 (SC board) but its still doing the 3 relay click and 10 blinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitcher View Post
                    Looks like Vsus is low measuring 0.02V.

I unplugged P11 (SS board) and then P2 (SC board) but its still doing the 3 relay click and 10 blinks.
                    Is this 10 blink at plug in or 10 after you try to start the TV?

I think disconnecting A5, A6, and A7 on the A board and then plugging in the TV may work and if the screen turns on full white may help prove the PSU is ok and A board issue??
                    Last edited by tw2005; 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

It blinks 10 as soon as plug in. I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds but it goes straight back to 10 blinks. I cannot start the tv as it always goes to 10 blinks when plugged in.

I just disconnected A5, A6, and A7 and plugged in the tv. It'll go 3 clicks and then a screech from the psu and there is no standby light.

Comment

Sounds like the PSU is shorted. That PSU is unfamiliar but maybe check over it for shorted FETs, check for shorted outputs at the PSU.

Comment

I found this solution while searching google with the same psu and panel. They replaced the psu with a different model psu and did some modifications on it. The only different in connections is it has P35 instead of P12. However theres not much detail on modifying the connections.

http://www.plasmafix.com/plasma.php

PANASONIC TH-42PZ80U REPAIR

NO POWER 10 BLINKS
                          DEAD POWER SUPPLY LC0719-4001DC
                          INSTEAD LC0719-4001DC WE INSTALL ETX2MM747AF POWER SUPPLY
                          THIS PROJECT FOR EXPIRIENCE REPAIR TECHS ONLY
                          P12 CONNECTOR COMPLETLY MODIFIED
                          REST OF CONNECTORS ARE THE SAME
                          + 15 V , +60V WE INJECT IN TO P12 CONNECTOR
                          USING P35 CONNECTOR ON 747 BOARD
                          NO ADJUSTMENT
                          SAME VOLTAGE
                          SAME CURRENT
                          BOARD HOLDERS HAS BEEN MODIFIED ALSO
                          Last edited by Glitcher; 05-06-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I just confirmed that this is a PSU issue. I was able to get the more common PSU for this model (ETXMM655MEH) from a related panasonic panel. It won't screw in right (board was just hanging, and some cables were too short), but all the connections are the same. I connected everything to test it out and the tv powered up normally.

I placed the defective PSU in the other Panasonic and it gets the same 10 blinks now.

I'm sure the problem is something with the missing 15v on the PSU that is similar to the common PSU 10/2 blink fix.
                            Last edited by Glitcher; 05-14-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

You may want to check the MOSFETs for the vsus I have one in the shop right now with this problem. Alternates between 10 blinks and 2 blinks. I swapped out two MOSFETs and put in a new fuse and it is working again.
                              Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

No shorts on the mosfets, that was the first thing I checked on the psu and all fuses are good also. I'm about to buy some freeze spray and start spraying some parts to see if I can get the set to come on.

Comment

I've got the same model, PSU, and problem. Wondering if anyone with this setup has isolated the faulty component(s) on the PSU board? Is there a particular area of the board that would most likely be the culprit?

Appreciate the help

Comment

Well... something must drive these Mosfets!? If the driver is bad, there is not going to be any output either.

Comment

Well I still have this set sitting here, having given up on it for awhile. I now have 3 of these same model TVs just sitting here... (including the same one from my first post) So decided to actually try to get back at this.

Short story for this problem: Model: th-42pz80u. PSU fault (confirmed) However has a different uncommon PSU, LC0719-4001DC, no MC modules on this psu. When plugged in, will click 3 times fast. Has missing 15v. Fuses good, no shorted FETs.

Comment

Working...
                                      X