dell 1504fp monitor anti glare screen damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell 1504fp monitor anti glare screen damage

i managed to pick up one of these from my local free site the only problem was it looked like someone had stubbed a cigarette out on the screen i tried every tip one the net to get rid of the marks to make a usable monitor untill i found this site http://www.overclock.net/t/1216559/h...tor-and-others it tells you how to remove the anti glare part of the lcd i followed this guide to the t and it now looks and works great so i have a another spare working monitor imo the colors do look better.i cant really get good pictures myself but there are some good ones in the link it may save a monitor you guys maybe thinking of tipping.

Re: dell 1504fp monitor anti glare screen damage

Someone needs to add the anti-glare layer to a glossy screen. I don't understand why people hate the anti-glare coating so much.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
      Someone needs to add the anti-glare layer to a glossy screen. I don't understand why people hate the anti-glare coating so much.
      i dont hate it dont get me wrong this was a free monitor i picked up had a damaged anti glare screen thats the only reason i had to remove it lucky its only a spare monitor i will keep myself but reading that link some people do like the look of the glossy screen.i have never had a glossy screened monitor myself before so i cant comment myself.

Comment

I was talking about the people who replied to the thread you linked to on overclock.net. You didn't have any other choice since the coating was damaged. My laptop's glossy screen is really annoying.

Comment

You can get larger sheets of the film they sell for tablets etc. That would do the trick to add the anti glare back. Only thing is doing it without trapping even the smallest mote of dust under it. Or an air bubble. I can't even do a smartphone without fussing over at least one of the above.

Comment

Working...
          X