Resistor values needed on a Dell E153-FPf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistor values needed on a Dell E153-FPf

Hi there ..I do hope someone on here can help ..
    I've searched all over the internet for a schematic for this Chinese manufactured Dell monitor ..and totally drew a blank ..
    The set is fitted with a single double sided pcb ..which holds invertor and psu etc..
    The psu is blown in so far as :-
    Dead Power FET AS27611
    SWPSU chip SG6841S
    Optocoupler 817C
    Capacitor C857 10uf
    0.39ohm resistor R859
    Primary of psu
    Also replaced
    Double diode on secondary s/c D854

All have been replaced ..but I'm stuck as 2 resistors in the primary are burnt open circuit..but cannot read them (idents destroyed) which is why I needed a schematic
    It doesn't appear to exist in the public domain ..
    The 2 resistors are surface mounts ..and one (R856) is connected between pin 8 of the SG6841S and the gate of the power fet
    The other presumably feedback (R861) is connected to the FET drain and the other end to pin 6 of the FET ..
    After doing this much work on it ..it would be a pity to have to give up because I can't identify 2 surface mounted resistors..
    Can anyone help me ?

I've attached three photos increasing in detail ..the last shows the 2 resistors ringed in yellow ...all faulty components but these have been replaced already..
    rgds
    Vipersan
    Uk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vipersan; 12-21-2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: Typo

Re: Resistor values needed on a Dell E153-FPf

The topmost resistor is a gate drive resistor, in the region of 10 ohms to 68 ohms. It probably wouldn't matter too much what value you used - 22 ohms is a good middle ground.

Not sure about the bottommost, perhaps some kind of input current limiting, around 1k-10k...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom ..
      You could well be right ..
      What is left of the indetification on the burnt s/m resistors would sort of back this up
      I think its possible the numbers and lettering thats left on the Top resistor looks like 15R0

The bottom one is more difficult ..and even with an eyeglass ..the best I can do under various lights is 4 7 X
      fairly confident of the 4 ...less so of the 7 ...and no idea of the last but possibly a 0 ?
      but do they lable 470 ie 470 ohm ..?
      Or could it be 4K7
      or even 47K
      using your suggestion ...possibly 4k7..
      Would be nice to have them 100% correct ...as they'd be less likely to fail again ..
      thanks though..
      I'll give it a little time in case of other members coming up with the 'real' values ..
      If not ..I'll go with what you suggest
      rgds

Comment

What you need to ask yourself is why are those resistors toast. The only cause of that I can think of is the SMPS chip is bad. That might have put 325V on that resistor. In which case the MOSFET is probably also bad.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yep ..I know they were bad Tom ...thats why I changed 'em ...as posted at the beginning of the thread..
          Cheers m8
          VS

Comment

Originally posted by Vipersan View Post
            Yep ..I know they were bad Tom ...thats why I changed 'em ...as posted at the beginning of the thread..
            Cheers m8
            VS
            Ah I see. TL;DR (in my case not too long, too lazy... :p)

Comment

The one nearest to the Mosfet is 15 ohms,and the other one 47 ohms...good luck

Comment

Many thanks RTech ..
                Much as I suspected then ..
                Presumably the last number on R861 is either an R or more likely a 0 ..
                470 which actually makes more sense as 0 being the multiplier would indeed make it 47 Ohms
                much appreciated m8
                VS

Comment

Using the resistor values provided by RTech ...
                  ..I completed the repair this afternoon ..
                  The monitor is currently fully functional and on soak test .
                  Much appreciated
                  VS

Comment

Originally posted by Vipersan View Post
                    Using the resistor values provided by RTech ...
                    ..I completed the repair this afternoon ..
                    The monitor is currently fully functional and on soak test .
                    Much appreciated
                    VS
                    Great. Seems I was wrong on the 1k-10k... enjoy your monitor.

Comment

Working...
                    X