LG 47LS4500 Display Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 47LS4500 Display Problems

Great picture on right side of screen, left side of screen is divided into 3 equal sections of picture but they are out of sync and 2 sections are turned around backwards. Ive googled and looked on YouTube but cant seem to find any other sets with this exact same problem? Any ideas? I have ordered a new TCon board off Ebay for not much money and thought I'd try that. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by ric44; 03-15-2015, 12:46 PM.

Re: LG 47LS4500 Display Problems

Here is a pic of the screen.
    Attached Files

Comment

The left side of the screen shows a flipped left to right picture for each segment. I have never encountered a problem like this but I'd say T-CON board, too.

Comment

Yeah its odd never saw anything like it. I hope the T-Con will straighten it out. Thanks Andrew.

Comment

Sure thing, ric44. Just update your thread when you replace the T-CON. please.

Comment

Ok got the new T-Con board installed and still have the same problem. Any more ideas ? Ive checked and reseated all plug ins.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Can only be main board at this point. Can't see how a panel could fault like this.

Comment

Hate to buy a main board then find out it's not the problem. Anybody out there seen this problem before ?

Comment

This is a first for me. I've never encountered anything like this before. Only thing now is the Main Board and can't imagine the Panel giving a fault like that, as stated by mmartell in Post# 8.

Comment

If you bring up the menu is it also distorted?

Comment

Yes menu is distorted also.

Comment

If the menu wasn't distorted it would have certainly have been a mainboard fault.
                          But since it is also distorted it might he the panel.

I've also never seen this fault so I'd wait for more feedback.

Comment

I'm thinking it must be the panel too and if it is I might as well junk it. Already have a TCon board invested and wont throw good money after bad.

Comment

after looking again,

the fact it seems to be in lines and only affecting the left half of the screen id say it is panel.

Comment

I recon one of the buffer chips on the tabs that go to the lcd has gone short and is cooking its self. Seen this happen on a samsung 40" lcd when the centre tab bond the chip was getting very hot and was phsically darker than the others it was failed and short causing the display to do goofy things.
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Gonna rehash this post because I found a bargain on a main board . Gonna buy and get it installed then post back the result . Really nothing to lose at this point and its a great tv if I can get it going .

Comment

What was the outcome of replacing the main board?

Comment

Working...
                                    X