Acer Aspire 5742G - no power problem solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 5742G - no power problem solved

A customer send me Acer Aspire 5742G with Intel Pentium P6100, 4GB DDR3 and GeForce GT420M. Problem - not powering on, not charging. I found no 3VALW and 5VALW as well. First I tried flash BIOS and EC which I had from before. No change. After some hours of searching I found problem on power comparator PU18 LM393 and some oxidated parts near this IC. After changing PU18 and reflowing oxidated parts laptop works again

Could help to somebody..
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Aspire 5742G - no power problem solved

nice fix!

i saw on youtube a russian guy with a similar fix but he change a sot 23
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Good to see, nice fix dude.
      The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
      Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

Corrosion is a common problem in laptops because people spill drink\food on them etc
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
          Could help to somebody..
          I have no desire to fix laptops, but I am glad that you posted the problem and more importantly, the fix so others can benefit.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

good work,

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
              A customer send me Acer Aspire 5742G with Intel Pentium P6100, 4GB DDR3 and GeForce GT420M. Problem - not powering on, not charging. I found no 3VALW and 5VALW as well. First I tried flash BIOS and EC which I had from before. No change. After some hours of searching I found problem on power comparator PU18 LM393 and some oxidated parts near this IC. After changing PU18 and reflowing oxidated parts laptop works again

Could help to somebody..
              nice work bro

Comment

Thank you for posting your fix as other will get the advantage of it.

Comment

Hi, i've got probably the same problem.

I bought a multimeter (use it for the first time) and i can tell the everything including the DC connection on the board is working fine (i could see 19,5V on the pins there).

Now i want to check the pins of the IC (PU18) since it seems like there was some liquid spoiled on that area. But since i use the multimeter only since few days i need to know how to use it for this pins. I know that one cable of the multimeter must touch the pins of the IC, but what does the second cable of the multimeter need to touch? Would be nice if someone could tell me that.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X