Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Probook 4535s overheat

Hello,

i have this notebook that have overheating issue. After cleaning and replacing thermal component i started it but temp rise up to 90 C and turn off. I try replacing the CPU but still the same thing. This is dual GPU model.
    Can this be the GPU fail or something else? Is it possible the heatsink is bad?

GPU is 216-0809024

I also try flashing BIOS but no help.
    ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Re: HP Probook 4535s overheat

heatsink can be broken so coolant leak out.

Comment

Check, if the fan is runing on full speed on that 90°. If this is ok, measure voltages on CPU, GPU and NB.

Comment

I experience this kind of problem on an acer netbook. cpu temp rises to 87c 10mins after startup. I found out that lan chip is heating badly, and its positioned close to cpu socket which contribute to high temp. After removing lan chip which is shorted, temp came back to normal.

Comment

well i replace the heatsink and laptop work normally. I have never see that coolant leak out.

Thank you all.
          ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Comment

There is a first time for everything. I've only had a bad heatpipe once too. It is rare but sometimes they do leak their gas out and become ineffective.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
            X