Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 2007FPB no image, goes off but power led and No. 1 remain green like normal !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2007FPB no image, goes off but power led and No. 1 remain green like normal !

Hi all guys !!!

I have a Dell 2007 FPb monitor with a problem, : I have image only for 1 sec. and then it goes off, I tough that maybe it was the lamps but I can't see my PC Desktop if I try to look at it from angle side or from any other position. The symptoms are : when I turn it On from Power button, It works but just for 1 sec. or 2 and then it goes off but the Power led and No. 1 are green, they don't blink, they just stays like in normal mode but I have no image. I can put some pictures if you require but first I want to isolate the problem and I don't know where to start, if you can help me with some ideas from your experiences it would be great .

Cheers !!!

Re: Dell 2007FPB no image, goes off but power led and No. 1 remain green like normal

Originally posted by TimXpro View Post
    Hi all guys !!!

I have a Dell 2007 FPb monitor with a problem, : I have image only for 1 sec. and then it goes off, I tough that maybe it was the lamps but I can't see my PC Desktop if I try to look at it from angle side or from any other position. The symptoms are : when I turn it On from Power button, It works but just for 1 sec. or 2 and then it goes off but the Power led and No. 1 are green, they don't blink, they just stays like in normal mode but I have no image. I can put some pictures if you require but first I want to isolate the problem and I don't know where to start, if you can help me with some ideas from your experiences it would be great .

Cheers !!!
    Well, here's the problem. You want to isolate the fault before posting pictures, but you don't know where to start and without pictures we can't help you.

Pending evidence to the contrary, you have 'Two seconds to black'. The best thing to do is open the monitor up, take a picture of the power supply / inverter (I think it's one card), and attach it to your next post using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: Dell 2007FPB no image, goes off but power led and No. 1 remain green like normal

Thank you for reply, and sorry for that, here's the pictures , hopefully u can help me out with this one , thank you once again !
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TimXpro View Post
        Thank you for reply, and sorry for that, here's the pictures , hopefully u can help me out with this one , thank you once again !
        A little overkill on the pictures, but what the heck.

1. I've labeled one transformer with the numbers 5, 6, 7, 8. With a DMM measure the resistance from pin 5 to pin 6, and from pin 7 to pin 8. Record those resistances.

2. Do the same thing with the second transformer, and with the third transformer. I would expect resistances of roughly 1K; they should match to within 3%. Report the numbers.

3. I've labeled the inverter output connectors A, B, C, D. Hook all the boards together, only hook the A plug into connector A. Turn on the power. The lamps should flash briefly.

Disconnect A and connect the appropriate plug to B. Turn on the power, the lamps should flash briefly.

Disconnect B and connect the appropriate plug to C. Turn on the power, the lamps should flash briefly.

Repeat this test for D. Do the lamps flash briefly in every case?

PlainBill
        Attached Files
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Anyone have any of the 4001Rxxxx transformers?
          Glen

Comment

Working...
          X