Samsung LCD settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LCD settlement

Samsung finally settled a class action suit to pay for faulty caps on their LCDs: http://www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement/

Re: Samsung LCD settlement

Yea, someone emailed that to me this morning.... HAHA Very reminiscent of the Dell settlement....Abit too.... I found it funny reading that, they still today won't actually acknowledge the capacitor problem.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Is it one of those lawers get big bucks, consumers get pennies and coupons "settlements"?
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
        Is it one of those lawers get big bucks, consumers get pennies and coupons "settlements"?
        Is there any other kind?

Comment

would have been good advertising for them to just admit to the fault and fix the affected units rather than feed the sharks and piss everyone off with such a "settlement"
          sell me a pile of junk and give me a coupon for a small discount on another unit?
          wont fly.

Comment

Dell went through the disbelief-denial-decision to @#$% over their customers cycle some 7 or 8 years ago. They avoided a big loss of profit ... and lost even worse in customer relations and loss of business. How Samsung managed not to learn from Dell's mistake is mystifying.
            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
              How Samsung managed not to learn from Dell's mistake is mystifying.
              Uh...

Because it's not a mistake?

On Dells or Samsungs part.

Anything newer than 2003 or so with regularly bad caps (not including the occasional bad batch) isn't a mistake.... It's a way to keep the purchase cycle going.
              The More You Learn The Less You Know!

Comment

Bought my Samsung TV in 2008. It finally stopped turning on in 2012. Samsung did a free out of warranty repair service via the local tv repair shop. I didn't even realize there was a lawsuit going on. I'm wondering if there's still residual damage though... any remote I use seems to have issues communicating with the TV at time. It's sporadic and I can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                X