Seiki SE322FS w/sound/no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiki SE322FS w/sound/no video

I saw this 32" TV sitting by the garbage cans so I went to the door and asked permission to take it. The gentleman said, "lost receipt, son plays games on it day and night, only had it about 6 months, has sound but no video, take it. First thing I did was rebuild the power supply. After replacing 14 Capxcon capacitors with Jackcon's I still got sound but no picture. So while waiting for the gobbler to quit pretending to be lamb, I tore the TV down further and found a blown LED. There are three strips, each having 10 LED's. I am having a terrible time finding a replacement part. MBL-32035D310TF0 V1 56.8mm & 67.8mm

Re: Seiki SE322FS w/sound/no video

I have same problem. Tore apart panel to exact same problem. After doing research....found this thread. Can't find replacement strips either but if you find anything in your search....it would be greatly appreciated if you report your findings

Comment

After replacing 14 Capxcon capacitors with Jackcon's
      Were the Jackcon capacitors even low ESR? Either way, they're pure junk.

I have same problem. Tore apart panel to exact same problem. After doing research....found this thread. Can't find replacement strips either but if you find anything in your search....it would be greatly appreciated if you report your findings
      Can you post some pictures of the boards?

Comment

Theres only 1 board in this set. I can promise its not a board issue at this point but I'm sure the cheap construction caused the leds to fail

Comment

Pulled the whole panel apart and immediately seen the blown led strips
          Attached Files

Comment

Same T.V. here I haven't taken it apart yet. Did you guys find replacements for the led strips?

Comment

Can you buy this led strips from some place?
              Same problem ,found some burned on my tv.

Thanks
              Usefull Tv Parts Store : www.alltvparts.com

Comment

Unfortunately I ended up junking the panel. Not worth the trouble attempting to find replacement led strips.

Comment

Hmm, i think is time to move on if those led's can't !,thanks.
                  Usefull Tv Parts Store : www.alltvparts.com

Comment

I had the same problem, and am still looking for a replacement LED strip. For now I have "fixed" the problem as best as I can. Since two LED strips were still operational, I put one on the top and one on the bottom. Then I used a small piece of metal (short piece of a bread tie stripped down) to complete the circuit. I stuck one end into one side of the empty plug for the LED strip and stuck the other end into the other side of the plug completing the circuit. The television is working fine now, but I would still like to replace the center LED strip. If anyone has luck finding replacement parts, let me know. Thanks

Comment

I had the same problem too , by shorted (bridged) the bad LED. The TV works good, hard to notice one LED is not light up..

Comment

Why not try some of those SMT 1W LED's from fleagay? Not had any bad LED sets--except broken screens--to try 'em out on, but better than nothing....

If you pop off the lens, there's a SMT LED underneath....
                        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

This is what the one I found does:
                          Attached Files

Comment

wonder if all these seiki's are junk, they seem to have a nice picture in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              wonder if all these seiki's are junk, they seem to have a nice picture in the store.
                              Yeah I can see the picture there and have audio. Mine was free also, I didn't buy it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                All of these real cheap discount led tvs are junk fact !
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I just took this set apart again for lack of something to do.
                                  I am going to rebuild my strips with the 1-w smt as Alastair E suggested.
                                  I will repost after I have the strips done and back in the set.
                                  It should work. Thanks Everyone.

Comment

Did replacing the LEDs work for you?

Comment

I am trying to repair one that looks dead, if i find any info i will post it here.

Comment

I am also getting read.y to crack into one of these myself will let ya know what I find or do

Comment

Working...
                                        X