Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VX42LHDTV10A Power supply

Hi everyone,

symptoms are power button on, vizio logo orange to white. but i can power off the unit with button on unit.

main board pico fuses are good. standby is 5v, power on is at 0v, rises to 3v then down to 0v when powered on.

i took the board out of circuit to test. when closing the circuit on PSON + 5VSB, i here a faint crackling/arching sound. both 12v and 24v sides rise from 0 volts to about 3 then then back down to 0 volts.

inspecting the caps reveals none bulging out. is there anything else i should be looking for or checking?

my power board#: 0500-0505-450.

any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Re: VX42LHDTV10A Power supply

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

Re: VX42LHDTV10A Power supply

here are the photos.
      this was a USED purchase and upon looking at the power board, the cap at CS107 was actually solder in backwards. fixed it and now the board now has 24v and 12v.

the back-lights now flash on then off, did not before. the Vizio logo is still white.

the unit now has a crackling,very loud sound coming from the slave inverter board. powered it off fast!!

i would presume the caps are going bad as this unit is from 2007.

any thoughts?
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X