XBOX 360 possible bad caps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX 360 possible bad caps...

Over at anandtech they rip apart the xbox 360.... if im correct.. those little yellow ones are usually a problem...

http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/...al_removed.jpg
    Last edited by willawake; 11-18-2005, 02:43 PM.

Re: XBOX 360 possible bad caps...

More Cap shots

http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/...0/heatpipe.jpg
    Last edited by willawake; 11-17-2005, 08:58 AM.

Comment

nice find. they can be a problem but not guaranteed. they are not filled with electrolyte but they fail due to manufacturing error which gets moisture inside them.

regarding the pics i removed the actual pic until mods discuss ongoing issue of pics from other sites. hotlinking does bring webmasters around to see who is hotlinking their pics.

post a link to the article as well for courtesy purposes.
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Sorry... thats why i provided the actual link...

Comment

mods discussed and there is no prob. nice to have u here. i try to correct but linx dead.

Comment

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610

Since the 360's power supply is external, it is better than using a special "safety lead" with the original XBOX (It had no fuse -!- in the internal power supply!)
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

i checked some of the pics around the net. i have seen two versions. One has Nichicon HZ(M), Chemicon and Fujitsu. The other has Rubycon MCZ instead of the Chemicon.

The probs with the xbox freezing now appear to be due to the external power supply overheating in cases. Once it is raised off the ground, the xbox is stable.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_...3998153&page=0

Comment

Who makes the P/S? Or did uSoft force the mfr to omit their name and logo? BTW, having one of those small 3-speed fans blowing on the P/S would probably be better than raising the P/S off the floor/table.
                Last edited by PeteS in CA; 11-27-2005, 10:34 AM.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

it is supposed to have 2 fans inside?? who knows who made it.

funny to see how much column inches the tech news sites got out of the size of the adapter. the console is pulling max 254 watts what did they expect.

get ready for the adaptor case mods............

Comment

Well I just did a Google search, hoping to find a pic of the P/S. I was bemused by the almost childish whining on some gamer sites about its size. Are gamers unaware that you cannot pull 200W-250W out of thin air? Sheesh! Oh! And that na-a-a-asty fan! Better the game box should fry itself?!
                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

The links are bad. (error 404)
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                      X