DVD Recorder wont turn on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Recorder wont turn on.

I have a Califone DVD-400 DVD Recorder that fails to turn on anymore. I got it from my uncle for free. Anyways, I cracked open the case and it seems that the caps on the main power board are defective(puffed at the seams). Anyways, all the caps on the graphics board and motherboard are fine. The caps that are on the power board are KSD capacitors. I am sure that this is the problem. What is the recommended caps to use for this replacement. I searched your forums and cannot find any information about KSD capacitors. Also, there is a very large cap on the power board that doesn't look defective. It is a DM cap. The specs are 100uF400WV Negative. Should this one be replaced too? Thanks in advance.

Re: DVD Recorder wont turn on.

The big primary caps rarely need replaced. For the rest of the caps, I would look for Nichicon P series(PL, PM, PW, PZ) caps or Rubycon ZL if you can find any.

Comment

Re: DVD Recorder wont turn on.

Usually you only have to change those caps at the secondary side, in most cases the one at the 5v rail are he most important ones.
      But sure, even those smaller sized bad primaries are in such units not the best, but inmost cases they are not the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X