New build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New build

What fan are you ever going to find in a PC that needs 50W? That's insane and completely unrealistic.

A real 150 CFM fan (Delta AFB 120 mm) uses less than 9 W. It's also way overkill for pretty much anything, so real PC fans would use less.

stevo will be fine with that 350W. As long as it's not a crappy brand it will do fine.

Comment

How many Amps is the Delta PSU rated for on the 12v rail?

Comment

Originally posted by AudioCraZ
        The only thing I would make sure you get is FANS... A gaming computer can never have enough fans.
        Yes it can. More fans and more airflow = more dust and, if there is moisture in the air, corrosion
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I picked up everything and it's installed, up and running etc... except for the fact that my LAN isn't detected in windows even after enabling/disabling it. I sense a faulty LAN controller... and this board is brand new!
          Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

I found the issue... the onboard LAN was conflicting with my X-Fi sound card... changing it to a different slot solved the problem.
            Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by momaka
              How many Amps is the Delta PSU rated for on the 12v rail?
              it's 19A on the 12V rail... and I am mistaken because it is a 300W unit, not a 350W. After several hours of burn in it seems okay and the PSU doesn't get hot so I guess everything is ok.

Comment

run coredamage + furmark at the same time.
                that's how you really push the psu

Comment

Originally posted by washu
                  What fan are you ever going to find in a PC that needs 50W? That's insane and completely unrealistic.

A real 150 CFM fan (Delta AFB 120 mm) uses less than 9 W. It's also way overkill for pretty much anything, so real PC fans would use less.

stevo will be fine with that 350W. As long as it's not a crappy brand it will do fine.
                  265 CFM Fan on Frozen CPU <-- unrealistic, nope. They exist, why I said it. And yes, I have a buddy with a file server in his closet that has one of these, Noisy, but does an awesome job on all his drives.

Comment

Originally posted by AudioCraZ
                    265 CFM Fan on Frozen CPU <-- unrealistic, nope. They exist, why I said it. And yes, I have a buddy with a file server in his closet that has one of these, Noisy, but does an awesome job on all his drives.

On the specification page you just linked to: "Power: 19.2 Watts"

That's a far cry from 50 W.

Comment

My 160cfm delta AFC0912DE is 12v, 2.5A (for those not too good with math, thats 30W)

Even my 300 cfm nidec ta600dc is only 3.9A (again, 46.8W) and this thing could probably put a hefty gash in your finger (172mm roundside, made in the USA )

These are server fans, not to be used in your standard desktop and I hardly think stevo is going to use them in his, so I have no problamo saying that a 300W delta is fine.
                      Last edited by 370forlife; 05-12-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210
                        it's 19A on the 12V rail... and I am mistaken because it is a 300W unit, not a 350W. After several hours of burn in it seems okay and the PSU doesn't get hot so I guess everything is ok.
                        Good.
                        19A should be enough for that setup. Try some games with heavy 3D. If PSU still feels cool after an hour of playing, then you have nothing to worry about.
                        Besides, Delta PSUs are pretty tough. Same goes for LiteOn and HiPro.

Comment

Originally posted by washu
                          On the specification page you just linked to: "Power: 19.2 Watts"

That's a far cry from 50 W.
                          Sorry, linked the wrong one. Delta 120mm "Mega Fast"

Comment

Well I found my 350W Delta GPS-350AB PSU today so I put that one into this system.

Comment

dont forget filters on the inlet fans.

Comment

Originally posted by stj
                                dont forget filters on the inlet fans.
                                I've got that bit covered by vacuuming the internals every fortnight.

Comment

wouldnt it be better not to coat your laser & all the other stuff in dust to begin with?

besides, if the fans are as good as you say then it would need to be weekly.

Comment

well that bit is up to my brother tbh. it's his computer so yeah, he does whatever he wants with it... if he wants filters then he'll pay for them... he vacuums it instead but hey, not my problem lol.

Comment

Working...
                                    X