ViewSonic VX1940w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ViewSonic VX1940w

I've tried to attached the photos, but the site is timing out on my Pc, so Im on my phone.

I've taken the case of the back. There's a green board at the top, which is where the high pit h noise is coming from. Does this need replacing? Thanks!

Comment

Sorry for the double post, accessing the site through a proxy now.. That works, but direct doesnt. Weird... For a web developer I should really be able to fix it >.<.

I still cant attach the photos, but I can put them in the post. If some mod can atatch these for me, it would be good. I hate breaking rules.

Comment

Hi TJCRAZY and other forum members.

I found this forum when i was googling for a solution for my ViewSonic VX1940W.
        Seems i'm not the only one with this problem.

My problem is the same as what TJCRAZY describes, a high pitch noise. Sounds a bit like those old camera-flashes when they are charging up.
        I double checked my computer and videocard, because my ViewSonic has NEVER had any problem. But after a list of eliminations i ended up taking my screen apart. There are 2 parts of my screen that worries me, the upper board (as shown by TJCRAZY in his photo's), and the powerboard unit. There is a spot that has a slight darker color then the rest of the board.

I will follow this thread, in the hope it might solve my problem too. In the meantime i've found something interesting:
        http://www.ebay.nl/itm/NEW-Power-Boa...item4aabb49f06
        It seems to be a replacment part, which might solve things. But i'm not sure if this is the thing that needs to be replaced.

Comment

Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Seems we've got exactly the same problem. Just wondering, where was your noise coming from? For me it was the top left corner (if looking at it from the back).

How did you access the power board? Where it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Tjcrazy View Post
            Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Seems we've got exactly the same problem. Just wondering, where was your noise coming from? For me it was the top left corner (if looking at it from the back).

How did you access the power board? Where it is?
            the power board/inverter is under the rectangle grey casing in your first picture, also the video board (also called the logic or main board) is there too on the right of the p/board
            pictures of both will be needed
            the board in your2/3/4 picture is the panel board/t con board you will need to know what board is what if you are going to repair this monitor(plenty of help here)

Comment

@supervinnie40
              post pictures of your boards
              give details of your problems

Comment

OK, I took the other casing of, and took a few pictures. No idea what I'm really looking for. I've attached them this time, as badcaps is working again .

Also, I remember spilling a little bit of tea in it a few months ago. Dont think that would be the problem though, as other people have the same problem.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tjcrazy View Post
                  OK, I took the other casing of, and took a few pictures. No idea what I'm really looking for. I've attached them this time, as badcaps is working again .

Also, I remember spilling a little bit of tea in it a few months ago. Dont think that would be the problem though, as other people have the same problem.
                  your problem is bad capacitors, as seen in your first picture, by there domed tops, I will post a link for you to read while you wait for further help, easy fix normally

heres link to read
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...wSonic+VX1940w
                  there are other threads on this monitor just type your monitor into forum search
                  Last edited by trebo; 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks! I've seen that thread before, and I didnt really understand any of it. Which capacitor/s is it thats bad?

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1294439919

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1294506657

the first picture has 2 cicled caps that are bad, they are the same 2 bad caps as yours

the second picture has 5 caps that are circled, it is recommended that you replace all 5 for a good repair, the one in the rectangle box is optional as it rarely fails

read that thread again then reread, so you have some understanding, so you can be helped, its an easy fix just take it in your stride you will get plenty of help

Comment

I'll make some pictures later today (when i type this, it's diner-time here).
                        But i've allready seen that TJCRAZY's board looks the same as mine, even the discoloration is the same. (notice the brown-ish spot around the centre of the main board).

@TREBO, do i need to explain my problem? Because i would just be repeating the openingspost from TJCRAZY. My problem is the same as his.

@TJCRAZY, i wasn't able to pinpoint the source of the noise. When i first heard, i quickly unplugged the entire device. After a little while i opened it, and decided to google for more information about this. So i only heard the noise once, i didn't try it out for the second time.

Comment

The ones with yellow are bad, bulging - you need to replace those for sure.

The two green ones below are usually under heat from the component on the heatsink so while they don't look bad now, they may fall in a few days, weeks or months so you'll better replace them now. They're cheap so save yourself some time and replace them now.

The green circled one towards the top of the picture - the quite large one - is usually not under as much "stress" as the smaller capacitors so if it looks ok (not swollen, not leaking), it will probably be fine so no need to replace it.

The capacitor circled in red is critical, it's used in the start/stop circuit so if that one dies, the monitor won't start. It looks OK now but as long as you're replacing capacitors, you might as well replace that one as well, with a quality replacement.

Write down here everything that's written on the capacitors along with some clue about where you live (country is enough) and we can suggest good replacement caps.

PS. In the third picture you have a board that has chips and electronics on the other side - the board with the VGA and DVI connectors - you can take them off the metal case by unscrewing the screws on the connectors. That board usually has one or two additional voltage regulators that convert 5v delivered by the big board into smaller voltages needed by the actual processor. Those voltage regulators use some capacitors which may also be dying.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mariushm; 11-23-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Would it be easier just to buy one of these?
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-Kit...ht_3963wt_1037

I don't have a soldering iron and think that it would be cheaper?

Comment

Well, since the upload option doesn't seem to work.... i'll have to host them somewhere else, and put up a link here.

http://www.mijncreaties.com/download/IMAG0383.jpg
                              A photo of a little part that has some slight brown-ish coloration around it.
                              http://www.mijncreaties.com/download/IMAG0380.jpg
                              The back of the board.
                              http://www.mijncreaties.com/download/IMAG0379.jpg
                              The board from one side.
                              http://www.mijncreaties.com/download/IMAG0378.jpg
                              The board from opposite side.
                              Last edited by supervinnie40; 11-23-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Would it be easier just to buy one of these?
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-Kit...ht_3963wt_1037

I don't have a soldering iron and think that it would be cheaper?
                                That auction is for the capacitors only. You don't get the board.

If you want a whole board, you usually need to search for the model number, in your case B092-XXX (it's written on the board in the second picture).

Soldering irons are cheap, less than 10 pounds... ex http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-6...064297&sr=1-31

solder wire with flux is equally cheap... and since you keep posting ebay uk I can only assume you're in UK, in which case you can get capacitors from uk.farnell.com which will be cheap for you.

Comment

OK, Guess I'll have to buy a soldering iron.

That site, uk.farnell.com doesn't have the resistors as far as I can tell!
                                  I've tried searching C1, the part number and the individual factors. No results (http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/bro...alues%3D203968)

Any ideas?

Comment

He kinda got the link to that ebay page from me. But i'm dutch.
                                    There are complete boards for sale on ebay, they cost about 20 pounds (UK currency).
                                    (ex-delivery).

I'm not new to electronics or soldering, so i'm gonna try the soldering option.
                                    You asked for as much info about the capacitors i can find, so here goes:

C1: capxcon 35v 220uF
                                    really big one: capxcon 400v 120uF
                                    c302: unreadable
                                    c315: capxcon 2200uF 10v
                                    tiny one: capxcon 22uF 50v
                                    c307: capxcon 1000uF 10v

that's all i could find.

Comment

Originally posted by supervinnie40 View Post
                                      He kinda got the link to that ebay page from me. But i'm dutch.
                                      There are complete boards for sale on ebay, they cost about 20 pounds (UK currency).
                                      (ex-delivery).

I'm not new to electronics or soldering, so i'm gonna try the soldering option.
                                      You asked for as much info about the capacitors i can find, so here goes:

C1: capxcon 35v 220uF
                                      really big one: capxcon 400v 120uF
                                      c302: unreadable
                                      c315: capxcon 2200uF 10v
                                      tiny one: capxcon 22uF 50v
                                      c307: capxcon 1000uF 10v

that's all i could find.
                                      Could you link me to one of the boards? I couldn't find any.

I've soldered before (I'm taking a computing degree!) but my solder & soldering iron is at home, not where I am at the moment. But if I could find the parts I would solder... Which ever is cheaper!

Comment

[QUOTE=
                                        @TREBO, do i need to explain my problem? Because i would just be repeating the openingspost from TJCRAZY. My problem is the same as his.[/QUOTE]

check your caps, if blown then you should be able to fix this easy, all the info you need is in the thread that I posted to Tjcrazy earlier, you can post information off caps so someone can confirm what to buy

Comment

Working...
                                        X