LP2407 Monitor sensor cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LP2407 Monitor sensor cable

I just got done replacing the capacitors in my LP2407 Monitor power supply board. Was pretty simple after reading all the helpful info posted on here. While starting to put it together I noticed the monitor sensor cable came loose from the sensor on the attached to the case. The black tape holding it in must have gotten dried out and came loose.

Can it be reattached or will I need to get another sensor unit. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: LP2407 Monitor sensor cable

Originally posted by tinkb View Post
    I just got done replacing the capacitors in my LP2407 Monitor power supply board. Was pretty simple after reading all the helpful info posted on here. While starting to put it together I noticed the monitor sensor cable came loose from the sensor on the attached to the case. The black tape holding it in must have gotten dried out and came loose.

Can it be reattached or will I need to get another sensor unit. Any help will be appreciated.
    Is this the one that leads to the touch panel? Can you provide pics so we can determine if any damage was done? FYI to others... LP2407 = Gateway FPD2485W

Comment

Thansk for the reply.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cable and the circuit board it plugs into. The cable is attached to the screen frame and the circuit board to the plastic case. The numbers on the curcuit board are: TM-00605-802, WH715, made in Hong Kong.

It doesn't appear to have ever been soldiered on, rather then slid in and the tape held it in place.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thansk for the reply.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cable and the circuit board it plugs into. The cable is attached to the screen frame and the circuit board to the plastic case. The numbers on the curcuit board are: TM-00605-802, WH715, made in Hong Kong.

It doesn't appear to have ever been soldiered on, rather then slid in and the tape held it in place.
        It doesn't appear to be damaged. There is a clip on the end that you should open that will allow you to replace the FFC (flat flexible cable). Unfortunately I don't remember if the clip slides out parallel to the board or swings up perpendicular to the board. The clip can then be closed to secure it in place, and the tape will help with any tension while the monitor is being put back together. Careful, these clips are easy to break and not so easy to find as a replacement.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks WOB for the info on the tab moving to reconnect the cable. Here is a couple of pictures I took of the tab closed and then opened. Hopefully it will help if anyone else runs into this problem. Sure did get me out of having to replace something else on the monitor.
          Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding pictures, thank you for sharing! Hopefully that crack in the PCB isn't an issue, it looks pretty severe...

Comment

Is this what you thought was a crack. Its some type of fiber attached to the board. I thinks its is what was left from the tape on the cable.
              Attached Files

Comment

LOL wow, looking at it in the latest picture makes it pretty obvious it's not a crack. Keep us updated on how it goes when you are able to put it back together!

Comment

reguarding the sensor cable on the lp2407,how do you get to the board to reconnect it

Comment

I think I got to it by taking the back off first. After replacing the all the caps and connecting the sensor it still doesn't work. I plugged it in, no picture-no power lights or screen. Let it set for a few minutes and started to smell that weird electrical smell. So I turned it off and will get back to it when the snow start flying and I have a little more time.

Comment

Anyone can help to find from where I can buy LP2407 Monitor sensor cable ???
                      Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by vicont View Post
                        Anyone can help to find from where I can buy LP2407 Monitor sensor cable ???
                        Please help.
                        never mind figured it out
                        Last edited by alexanna; 01-21-2012, 01:38 PM.
                        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
                        X