Hanns G HG281D showing menu on its own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns G HG281D showing menu on its own

Hi guys, great forum. I have searched through it and found lots about the Hanns G HG281D. However I have a slightly different problem with it that is gradually getting worse. It started off with the brightness menu and main menu showing on it's own sometimes, and when you click off it, it come back straight away. Today the brightness menu decided to appear on its own and stay on. If I turn it off and on, it does the same thing.

I don't know if it is related but the other day the monitor decided to switch itself on and off every so often. Is this all down to a bad cap? If so which should I replace? Thanks so much for your help guys.

Re: Hanns G HG281D showing menu on its own

I'd say leaky push buttons most likely.

Due to moisture oxide builds up inside the buttons, and that creates resistance, so instead of an open circuit the button is now a resistor when not pushed in. Over time, this resistance gets lower, and the control board thinks the buttons have been pushed when they have not.

Replacing all the push buttons should solve your issue. They can be taken apart and cleaned, but then the problem comes back after a few months.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      I'd say leaky push buttons most likely.

Due to moisture oxide builds up inside the buttons, and that creates resistance, so instead of an open circuit the button is now a resistor when not pushed in. Over time, this resistance gets lower, and the control board thinks the buttons have been pushed when they have not.

Replacing all the push buttons should solve your issue. They can be taken apart and cleaned, but then the problem comes back after a few months.
      Awesome thanks so much. Is there a specific type of push button I should replace it with? (sorry about the noob questions).

Comment

Anything as long as it physically fits.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
          Anything as long as it physically fits.
          Great thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X