10 blink Panasonic TC-42px24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 blink Panasonic TC-42px24

Also when you want to post pictures, use the "Go Advanced" tab, then "Manage Attachments". keeps them neat in the post and creates thumbnails for people to click on and enlarge if need be.

Some people get annoyed when they're posted inline, personally does not bother me.
    Attached Files

Comment

Since Im getting a new ss board. I took the old one apart. I went ahead and test the mosfet. Since I didn't know how to test mosfet. After searching the internet and looking up schematics. I think I found out I have 4 bad mosfets out of 7.

Comment

And they were these?

"You'll probably find all of these transistors shorted Q021,022,Q001,002 - RJP30E4"

Comment

ok got new ss board in. Im getting 191v at the vsus and 6.83v. But tv still not turning on.

Comment

That's a pain, sorry to hear. So now what's it doing, how many blinks?

Comment

0 blinks.

Comment

Full on power light the whole time.

Comment

In a dark room, can you see the screen glowing slightly?
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Recheck all power connections,

Should be SN connected to psu, SN connected to SS, SS connected to psu, ss connected to C2 board, psu connected to C2 board,

Reseat 3 white ribbons at A board and respective C1,C2 & SN board.

Should be 2 power leads from the PSU to A board, + 1 for the speakers and 1 for the K board or front panel.

I think I had a similar situation with mine, I just can't remember what it was, SN, C2 or shorting ribbons

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      In a dark room, can you see the screen glowing slightly?

No

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                        Recheck all power connections,

Should be SN connected to psu, SN connected to SS, SS connected to psu, ss connected to C2 board, psu connected to C2 board,

Reseat 3 white ribbons at A board and respective C1,C2 & SN board.

Should be 2 power leads from the PSU to A board, + 1 for the speakers and 1 for the K board or front panel.

I think I had a similar situation with mine, I just can't remember what it was, SN, C2 or shorting ribbons
                        reseated everything.

Comment

Just so you know. There a led on the power board and its not lite either

Comment

no change i take it

Comment

I don't know of one, is it a clear bulb like device?

Comment

That is the surge suppressor neon tube. Not supposed to light up.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                  no change i take it
                                  yep

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                    That is the surge suppressor neon tube. Not supposed to light up.
                                    thanks

Comment

ok, I'm thinking something may have gone wrong in our fault finding steps.

First clue we had of this was post #19

In post #24 I expressed concern and suggested we go back to where we disconnected everything, but had the A board connected with no ribbons and power to the sn,ss and c2 board.

Any chance you tried that? I want to establish the A is still ok.

I'm hopeful it is.

If so, I had 2 more trouble spots. One of either Q441 and Q451 was shorted on the SN (I think it was Q441)

The other was IC17203(IC203) on the C2 was dead. I'm not sure how we can prove the C2 board but I do remember measuring pin 20 and 10(gnd) and it was about 9 Mohms which is too high. I think 1 or 2 Mohms normally, i can't be precise, sorry.

I have a strong feeling the C2 gave me the nil startup solid LED.

I'm real nervous in this area because the last thing we want is to somehow blow the chips embedded on those ribbons at the bottom of the panel.

I'm hoping Tom will have some ideas which way to go.

It all depends how much patience you have and how much $ you want to put into this.

There's a pair of C boards for $20 at payless and then we still have the chance the SN is also faulty but at least it appears to be not shorted although it would be nice to know for sure if either of those transistors are short.

I repaired both of my boards at component level and was lucky to have some scrap boards to pinch the IC and a suitable transistor to get the TV up and running.

Comment

To clarify in case, pins 10 & 20,I'm referring to the 20 pin IC203.

Comment

Wow thats alot to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                          X