Need to find a battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find a battery

Got a GoGear ViBE 8GB here. Was a complete brick until the battery was pulled, and now it works on USB. So I'm guessing the battery went dead short or something.

Only info I can find is on this site http://bydit.com/doce/products/Li-EnergyProducts/

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: The Vibe's battery is apparently interchangeable with the SA3285 and MyVu glasses which use a SL422436. But I can't find that either.
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 05-04-2013, 07:05 AM.
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Re: Need to find a battery

look at hobby dealers.
    you may be able to get a raw cell and move your protection board to it.

Comment

I had a similar battery in a cheapo mp4 player, it worked fine but I wanted to try a Samsung cell phone battery I had laying around, also a 3.7V battery. Soldered two wires to the top connections, and it works perfectly. It charges fines and stays on much longer than with the original battery.

If you have an old cell phone, you should give it a try.

EDIT : okay just googled the GoGear Vibe, it seems smaller than the cell phone battery...

Comment

If you have Batteries Plus in your town, they recell batteries. It is kind of expensive but I have had a few done myself and they work well.

Comment

Indeed matey that's the problem, the Gogear is absolutely tiny

Good point about the protection board though - just pulled the tape off, it looks fairly easy to replace, I'm just worried about blowing the thing up with the soldering iron.

I'm also worried an el cheapo Chinese cell may blow up or something when charging. Would the protection board be a good workaround?

Cheers

Comment

Bit of a development. Turns out it's actually the protection circuit at fault - the thermistor wire stops it booting when connected. Works fine with only Vin and Ground. Is it safe doing it this way?

Comment

Depends if it is using that signal. That is a warning to the battery charger that the battery has overheated.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Odd, resoldered the old battery completely and all works fine now.

So it went from being completely dead with a whining noise, to back to normal, just by removing and readding the battery.

Ah well, here's hoping it doesn't do it again

Comment

Working...
                X