152" Plasma Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

152" Plasma Service Manual

You haven't seen pure engineering pr0n until you have seen the service diagrams for a 152" 3D Quad-HD (4K) plasma display. Retail price around $800,000. Panasonic, of course, lead the field on insane overkill.

http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

41 individual fans. 9 main power supplies, 6 additional power supplies. 233 screws for the back cover alone. Dual scan boards with 3 buffer boards each and dual sustain boards. Consumes around 3.7kW in normal operation. I don't even want to ask what "full white" is like. For a normal plasma display, it's around 3~4x average power. So, that's nearly 12kW.

Their 103" models (of which there are multiple), on the other hand, are a little more constrained. A mere 15 fans by my count, and constrained to 1.5kW normal power only.

http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

I'll be adding a few more Panasonic service manuals soon. I've found a way to download them from their service site... Over 380 models going up soon.
    Last edited by tom66; 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: 152" Plasma Service Manual

Never mind the tv manual - how do you drive the crane
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

OH MY GOD THAT IS HUGE!!!

I wonder how heavy that thing would be...!!!!!!!

wow
      wow
      wow
      wow
      wow

Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

It's even specified in the service manual:
        Mass (weight): approx. 1,272.1 lbs / 577 kg net
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That is INSANE! I thought "152" was a typo of 52" 9 power boards, wow... 1,300 lbs....so it would way as much as a 50" crt?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            It's even specified in the service manual:
            Mass (weight): approx. 1,272.1 lbs / 577 kg net
            Gollllllllie!!!!
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I believe it is so power hungry it must use three-phase 220~240VAC only. So you're not going to be able to use it in your average household...

Comment

I believe it is so power hungry it must use three-phase 220~240VAC only. So you're not going to be able to use it in your average household...
                I bet them McMansions would though! They are usually owned by very wealthy people, who have huge TVs, and even sometimes their very own movie theater
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

It's intended for commercial customers, for installation in TV studios and venues (airports, movie theatres, etc I guess.) However, one oil sheikh did purchase one, apparently.

Comment

Wouldnt even need to wall mount it, be like a hovercraft

I'll keep my eye out on ebay for one stuck in standby, pay upto £50 for one in good nick
                    Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

I'd lean it against the wall, sit back and enjoy.

Of course I would have to answer the door regularly with the neighbours questioning why their lights always dim when I switch on my TV.

Comment

link dead for me

Comment

Will be back shortly.
                          Bill payment for hosting bounced...

Comment

The service manuals site is back and many more manuals are going up shortly... just added 61 JVC manuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                              That is INSANE! I thought "152" was a typo of 52"
                              Same here. 152" just seems like pure insanity. And 3 to 4 kW of AVERAGE power usage?? - I don't think I'll need to run the heater in the winter at all.

But if we really want to go true overkill, I think Panasonic should make a 152" CRT screen. I can't even imagine how much that would weight . Would probably be very energy efficient though.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                But if we really want to go true overkill, I think Panasonic should make a 152" CRT screen. I can't even imagine how much that would weight . Would probably be very energy efficient though.
                                Yea, but if the CRT screen broke and imploded it would cause a black hole and swallow our whole galaxy with it!
                                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

It is quite big, but I search eBay just in case! I will find a way to get one! Even just to tear it to pieces and look at all the electronics pr0n!

Comment

I have a 3 phase motor I can use as a generator if you will split the shipping and handling costs.
                                    Does it have hookups for the drive in speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                      Same here. 152" just seems like pure insanity. And 3 to 4 kW of AVERAGE power usage?? - I don't think I'll need to run the heater in the winter at all.

What would be the tube radius to get a 152" CRT flat? Orbit of Mars?
                                      Just no trinitrons, I can't take that shadow mask wire.

That is so big I would have to netflix baywatch.

What SPF sunblock does it recommend?

Comment

I actually think I saw one of these not too long ago, at PPPL (http://www.pppl.gov/)
                                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                                        X