Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulsating Half Vertical line on edge of Acer AL2416W

Hi all,

I have an Acer AL2416W that I just recapped. However, after finishing and putting everything back together, I just noticed that there is a vertical line on the right edge that goes about half way down the screen. It does not look like the typical vertical line -- it has somewhat of a pulsating glow to it. Has anybody seen anything like this before?
    Attached Files

Re: Pulsating Half Vertical line on edge of Acer AL2416W

Try reseating and cleaning all your connections to every board.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK, I actually have a second AL2416W that I recapped earlier, and I replaced every board except the one on the panel itself, and the problem still remains. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the small board on the panel (tcon?) but no avail.

I guess this means that the panel itself is bad? Does anybody have any experience with fixing this type of problem?

Comment

Just in case anybody else has this display, here are the components that I had to replace on the TDK inverter board:

Q6: was P5504EDC, replaced with FDD6685 (Digikey part # FDD6685CT-ND)
        Q4: was P2804BDG, replaced with FDD6690A (Digikey part # FDD6690ACT-ND)
        Fuse near Q4 & Q6: 1.25A 63V Fast Acting (Digikey part # SF-1206F125-2CT-ND)
        10X 100uF 35V Cap: United Chemi-Con LXZ Series (replace them all; Digikey part # 565-1979-ND)

Comment

Working...
        X