Gateway 900G monitor not working.....shocking I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway 900G monitor not working.....shocking I know

The panel doesn't matter, just the number of lamps. Since the caps were in very bad shape the resulting ripple could have damaged something else.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

PlainBill, Th3_uN1Qu3, retiredcaps: thank you guys so much for your postings. So far I got inside the fully functional 19" Avidav monitor with some M190EN04 V.5 LCD-panel. This panel's connectors are different, but my HannStar could be somewhat exchanged with it. Now what would be the worst scenario if I connect my trial Gateway's HannStar panel to that power board and vice versa, any experience?
      Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by tollfree View Post
        PlainBill, Th3_uN1Qu3, retiredcaps: thank you guys so much for your postings. So far I got inside the fully functional 19" Avidav monitor with some M190EN04 V.5 LCD-panel. This panel's connectors are different, but my HannStar could be somewhat exchanged with it. Now what would be the worst scenario if I connect my trial Gateway's HannStar panel to that power board and vice versa, any experience?
        Thank you in advance!
        Worst case scenario is you wind up with a destroyed power supply, signal card, and reputation.

If the form factor, pinout, and output voltage of the power supplies are the same, the chance of success is quite high. If they are not, do you know enough to adapt them successfully?

The point I always make is there are a limited number of faults that can occur on a power supply. MOST are repairable. Many are easily repairable with nothing more complex than replacing a half dozen caps. Unfortunately, there are thousands of ways of making a monitor housing. A difference of 1/8" can make two boards incompatible.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you Th3_uN1Qu3, PlainBill, and retiredcap, it was total success. I am enjoying this monitor right now.

The panels have been bravely switched from their power supplies, but signal cords left their own since the plugs were completely different. Now the trick was not only of powering both boards simultaneously but moreover connecting both to signal, this way neither of them would unexpectedly turn to "sleep" mode (yellow led). The tested panel (HannStar, 4 lamps ) worked fine on the alien board (Avidav 19") and vise versa.

My monitor as I believe now was already fixed after "solder everything through" move, but some trial errors and this sleeping mode prevented me from seeing proper performance.

I am extremely grateful to all useful info I've got here. Thank you guys for maintaining this forum alive!

Comment

Working...
          X