Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 louder headphone mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 louder headphone mod

The Acer Iconia A1-810 has a fairly unimpressive headphone output, so i opened her up to see what can be done. Here is how you get louder sound out of it.

Tools needed:
    • Soldering iron with fine tip
    • 0.5mm solder
    • Fine insulated wire, 0.15mm diameter or smaller
    • Flux paste
    • A steady hand

Instructions:
    • Take the back off your tablet. It is only held in by clips so you can take it off with your fingernail. Start at the MicroSD slot.
    • Solder wires as per the picture (careful with the resistors on the right, they are VERY VERY SMALL)
    • Clean up with IPA
    • Enjoy a louder tablet.

Note that what this does is bypass some filtering so there may be a little more noise on the output, especially if you are connecting your tablet to a larger sound system. But if you're just using it with headphones it will sound louder with no issues.

The complete solution would be a bit more involved and needs some parts that i don't have on hand right now. Expect some updates soon..
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 louder headphone mod

Not sure if you can get shipping to where you are, but these are fantastic for tablet work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iSesamo-sp...item2ed578fa0b

Comment

I already have some, but not everybody does. Anyway, this tablet is easy to get the back off just with your fingernail.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

strange as a made in italy costs more if i buy it here instead of uk...

Comment

Working...
        X