Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Had to use the Repair Kit for my SC Board.

Original 6 Transistors were all shorted and VSUS was shorted (When removing P2 it wasn't anymore) but I used the whole Kit and changed:

D401, D421, IC502, Q531, Q421-423, Q401-403

Measurement after replacing parts was ok, no more shorts on Transistors and no more short on VSUS (when Board reconnected) + continuity test from the tiny IC Pins to the next component in trace (Checked by Schematic Service Document) to make sure everything went good.

After I reconnect board and triple check cable connections and I reconnect AC the following happens:

The green LEDs (Front Panel) comes up and starts blinking (Startup procedure) and even the Panel brights up for a second before shutting down with 6 red led blinks.

When I follow the Troubleshoot procedure for 6 blinks of the 2011 Plasma Models Service Manual I end up with the following:

Disconnect SC20 and C20 and start TV => TV does not stay on => Unlpug P35 and replug SC20 and C20 followed by re-plugging P35 => Start TV and Measure C561 and TP82; I get the 5V and 15V before TV shuts down.
    => Which leads my to a bad A-Board ?!?!?

So which Board or Component could causes this 6 Blinks Code now?

Re: Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Originally posted by ChaosEx View Post
    Had to use the Repair Kit for my SC Board.

Original 6 Transistors were all shorted and VSUS was shorted (When removing P2 it wasn't anymore) but I used the whole Kit and changed:

D401, D421, IC502, Q531, Q421-423, Q401-403

Measurement after replacing parts was ok, no more shorts on Transistors and no more short on VSUS (when Board reconnected) + continuity test from the tiny IC Pins to the next component in trace (Checked by Schematic Service Document) to make sure everything went good.

After I reconnect board and triple check cable connections and I reconnect AC the following happens:

The green LEDs (Front Panel) comes up and starts blinking (Startup procedure) and even the Panel brights up for a second before shutting down with 6 red led blinks.

When I follow the Troubleshoot procedure for 6 blinks of the 2011 Plasma Models Service Manual I end up with the following:

Disconnect SC20 and C20 and start TV => TV does not stay on => Unlpug P35 and replug SC20 and C20 followed by re-plugging P35 => Start TV and Measure C561 and TP82; I get the 5V and 15V before TV shuts down.
    => Which leads my to a bad A-Board ?!?!?

So which Board or Component could causes this 6 Blinks Code now?
    Normally SC.

Have you rechecked after this that the parts replaced are still ok, not shorted.

Check, q661 and the other 3 30F131 transistors not replaced, are they shorted(Q621-623)

Anything disconnected along the C buffers like the small white ribbons that interconnect those C boards.

Comment

I triple checked every cable connection, same result. 6 blinks.
      Then I checked every Transistor and Diode of the same construction form. Due to the overview I will only list the parts where I was able to measure a short to ground (Negative probe @ Tv chassie)

Q421: Short @ Emitter
      Q422: Short @ Emitter
      Q423: Short @ Emitter
      D421: Short @ Pin 1 and 3
      Q661: Short @ Emitter
      Q660: Short @ Source
      D461: Short @ Pin 1 and 3
      D462: Short @ Pin 1 and 3
      Q452: Short @ Emitter
      Q451: Short @ Emitter

By a quick overview of the schematics for the CS Board all the connections to ground look legit.

Oh and by the way, I had to change C507 because it blew up while workin with hot air (heat protection came loose). Since its not available in Europe I had to change it with something nearly equivalent.
      This is the original:https://www.encompassparts.com/item/...A280/Capacitor
      F0C2E115A280 C 1.1 UF 250 V
      And my equivalent is an B32650 MKP Cap with the values 1,2uF;250V

Comment

" Due to the overview I will only list the parts where I was able to measure a short to ground (Negative probe @ Tv chassie)"

can't really do that, what if one of these legs is connected to ground?

example: Q421 Emitter is chassis ground so it will show short to chassis gnd

Comment

Q421: Short @ Emitter
          Q422: Short @ Emitter
          Q423: Short @ Emitter
          D421: Short @ Pin 1 and 3
          Q661: Short @ Emitter
          Q660: Short @ Source
          D461: Short @ Pin 1 and 3
          D462: Short @ Pin 1 and 3
          Q452: Short @ Emitter
          Q451: Short @ Emitter

If all of these showed short only on the points mentioned and chassis gnd was the reference then that is normal on a working board.

try checking only the device legs say G-c, G-E, c-e etc

those diodes, centre to either outer leg

Comment

Alright, will check this evening. Tell you tomorrow the results.

Thanks so far
            Last edited by ChaosEx; 06-14-2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Alright, will check this evening. Tell you tomorrow the results.

Thanks so far
              Sure, will be interested to see what is shorted . Don't forget to check those other transistors mentioned earlier as I know that section shorted will cause 6 blinks as I had a hard time getting a board going with those bad SOS6, took 3 goes and I 'm still not 100% what the cause was.

On a side topic.

I gave someone a SC board yesterday for a 7 blink fault. sd/su appeared ok, just got back to me, now 14 blink and SC is looking ok so hidden fault for me to chase.

Their board, SC2 dead short on a VT30.
              Last edited by tw2005; 06-14-2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Alrighty,
                cant wait for tomorrow, this little spare TV is killing my eyes + football EM.

So I checked everything and the only short between the pins appeared only between pin 1 and 3 of the following diodes:
                D432;D461;D462;D481;D482;D642;D643;D641;D401;D421

No shorts between legs @ Transistors.

And for the other list; yes I just listed those short to gnd, other parts (diodes and transistors of the same construction form) are not shorted to gnd.

Oh and by the way I recognized just before the TV shuts down a green diode appears at CS and SS Board.

Hope this helps to find the fault

Comment

Alrighty,
                  cant wait for tomorrow, this little spare TV is killing my eyes + football EM.

So I checked everything and the only short between the pins appeared only between pin 1 and 3 of the following diodes:
                  D432;D461;D462;D481;D482;D642;D643;D641;D401;D421

No shorts between legs @ Transistors.

And for the other list; yes I just listed those short to gnd, other parts (diodes and transistors of the same construction form) are not shorted to gnd.

Oh and by the way I recognized just before the TV shuts down a green diode appears at CS and SS Board.

Hope this helps to find the fault
                  So the reason I said earlier centre and either outer for those diodes is because the outer legs are the same and will show short. Again that is normal.

So it looks like you have no shorts on the usual stuff. this will be challenging and I don't have time right now, maybe someone in your region can help out as the time zones kill it.

Comment

I don't know where to steer you but these are my thoughts.

It would appear none of the IGBTs are shorted or the diodes.

Original fault 7 blinks, Q401-403, Q421-423 shorted. A pretty common pattern.

You replaced those plus extra parts because they were in the kit.

So whether they were good or bad we don't know.
                    • Are all the SMD components that were replaced soldered properly in particular the metal tabs on the IGBTs and Diodes?
                    • have the 7.5ohm gate resistors on those 6 transistors been checked and confirmed good?
                    • I don't understand replacing Q531, ic502 as that is the drive cct for Q441,42 which were not blown. have these been installed correctly , could ic502 be around the wrong way?
                    • replacing ic521,q521 would make sense as would ic501,q501 as they are the drive ccts for the blown section. Have they been checked?

Comment

hi i just joined this hi tech forum as i am a electronic service engineer i sell most repair kits i compile on ebay and have vast technician feedback and contacts i been reading these forums for some time and i am proud to be part of this, anyone need any info or help please contact me and right back to 6 flash change dg302 under the heatsink will fix the problem

Comment

q451 i mean change it

Comment

ops im looking at tnpa5330 sorry q401 and q402 and the driver chip and driver transistor change all 4 parts has cured numerous boards for me flashing 6

Comment

Originally posted by MICROTECHSERVICE View Post
                            ops im looking at tnpa5330 sorry q401 and q402 and the driver chip and driver transistor change all 4 parts has cured numerous boards for me flashing 6
                            Take a breath maybe?

Q401,402 are already replaced and there's a third in that bank 403, 30F131 they are.

You're probably closer with Q451,452 if you're suggesting blown DG302, would it be worth checking to see if they're shorted first?

Comment

men i just love this place, so many talented people helping each other,great.

I checked the soldering joints by measuring continuity and all was good.
                              I checked those 6 resistors and all 6 read 7,5 Ohm.

So my toDo list for today:

check Q531 and IC502 (yeah you never know, maybe faulty new parts)
                              Yeah by a look at Schematics its really hard to understand why the Rep Kit dont refers to the Buffer ICs of the blown area, so I will also check:
                              check Q521 and IC521
                              check Q501 and IC501

@MICROTECHSERVICE
                              great that you entered this discussion
                              tw2005 is right I replaced Q401-403 so they seem to be okay but I will check the referring components IC501 and Q501

And I will check Q451 and Q452 for shorts.

But guys Iam not quite sure whats the best way to check if those ICs are working probably. I can check if Q521 and q501 are shorted no prob. But for the IC`s I just see a chance by reading the output of each IC @ Pin7
                              Here is the interesting part of the schematic including discussed parts:

Whats your ideas?

Comment

So I checked so far for shorts @ the Transistors and found nothing apart from the normal short between the outer legs at the 3 leg side.

But while searching for the right components to measure, I saw a diode which colored the area around it noticeable brown. So I checked it and it has continuity in both ways.

Lets look at this little sucker and the role he plays (red marking):

Its D407 and it looks like he plays a role with the 3 transistors you mentioned earlier which may cause 6 blinks (Q621-Q623)

Exact name out of the parts list is B0JCME000093

Anybody an idea which diode may be an equivalent since google gives me a hard time getting any info about it. May be an Si Diode

Comment

Found one
                                  Spare Diode

Comment

Found one
                                    Spare Diode
                                    want the bad news or the bad news?

I don't know straight away what type of diode but on a good board I get the same result. Constant beep one way and a double beep the other.

And, I have to run.

was everything right with ic502? The pinouts are the right way?
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 06-15-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

hmmm that sounds weird.

well the only thing different may be that I get constant beeps in both ways and the area directly around the diode looks a little burned (brownish).

Maybe you can tell me your resistance values in both ways?

Ordered the diode anyway, hope it arrives this week.

Yes I rechecked IC502. Well by checking I mean continuity from IC arm to the next component in trace. And Pin 1 is at the Pin1 marking on the board.

Is there any other way to check the ICs for function?
                                      (I mentioned an idea above)

Looks like the fight is not over

Damn!

Comment

77ohms, which would explain why I get a continuity beep

Comment

Working...
                                        X