• Show
Clear All

Re: AG Neovo E-17DA

Attach
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for resuming up this old thread
      I repaired this monitor about 2 years ago following this thread, replaced caps and placed 1xIRF5305 in place of a blown mosfet. It worked well for a long time but now i have blown F1 and about 15V coming from U4 source pin, even with F1 removed. I decided to put in an universal inverter board, found tons of them on ebay for just few euros. Looking to Sabre504 post, i have to cut off some of the old electronic to make room for the new inverter board.
      Look this ebay item :221205651995
      It has pin definition as:
      1.VCC, 2.VCC, 3.ON/OFF, 4.ADJ, 5.GND, 6.GND
      So it would be okay for the neovo, rewiring in the right way.
      What part of the old board do i have to keep functional, seeing that i need only 12v as vcc and on/off is routed by the front switchboard? Thank you in advance

Comment

Hi i have redone pic

All components in the yellow area remove

If the 2 caps circled in red are ok dont change them

And you can take 12v supply straight from the pin circled in green

Been a while since i have done this monitor and to the best of my knowledge it is still running and have done several others since.

If i can help just ask
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sabre504 View Post
          Hi i have redone pic

All components in the yellow area remove

If the 2 caps circled in red are ok dont change them

And you can take 12v supply straight from the pin circled in green

Been a while since i have done this monitor and to the best of my knowledge it is still running and have done several others since.

If i can help just ask
          Thank you for replying,
          yes, it's exactly what i was wondering for.
          Caps are ok, replaced them in the first repair attempt.
          So, what we are looking for it's simply a clean 12v power supply?
          Since we are removing the 4 transformers,also the 4 mosfets have no reason to be there, right?
          I mean, powering the new board directly with 12V +On/Off pin sense, would put lamps on,losing the ADJ pin functionality? Thanks for helping

Comment

HI if you look at the picture i have attached ,
            i only used 12v pin ,gnd pin and on/off pin but still had lamp brightness adjustment .

Try it this way and if you cant adjust the brightness you will have to connect the adj pin .
            I will check my notes to see which one it was
            Good luck
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi All, bit of a long shot does anyone have a copy for the original repair at http://bbarrington.posterous.com/neovo-lcd-repair which is now down? I the believe initial repair is re-soldering the coil?

Cheers, Jeff.

Comment

hi everyone, i was looking for that as well. im new here and new to electronics in the deeper sense! i have one of these monitors, when i first plugged it in the light on the power adaptor went dim as if it was being shorted out when plugged in, after inserting in and out a number of times it did come on once and power adaptor light remained strong. tried another 12v adaptor [not sure what amp] and this worked in so far as the monitor stays switched on but there is only an actual picture on the screen for 1 second, and then goes to black screen. could this be the inverter also or could the lamps be drawing to much power as old?

Comment

Wayback machine doesn't have that link so no idea what was on it.

But we can troubleshoot normally of course. If the capacitors have not been replaced they will be the prime suspects. Open the thing and take a look. Post some photos up.
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                  X