Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell ST2410 backlight LED replacement

Hello,
    I've got a problem with backlight on my Dell ST2410. I've decided to replace CCFL with LED. On eBay i bough kit to convert backlight to LED, but i can't find DIM and on/off connector on my power board. Is any can help me with this?
    Please find photos of boards attached.
    Thank you very much
    Attached Files

Re: Dell ST2410 backlight LED replacement

it's pins 1 & 2 on that cable, get a datasheet for the cfl controller chip to see the details.

Comment

i trying to do this exact thing can you show me where i should solder the wires. sry i am noob with electrics. i just need my monitor to work please help.

Comment

Did anyone manage to successfully convert this monitor? If so does it look as good as normals and does the brightness control work? My monitor Dell ST2410, is on it's way out, it was initially when first turned on it would be slightly pink on the bottom half and then slowly become normal and white and then today it start flicking mildly and i'm guessing it will get worse.

Anyway, those who've had success, can you please share where you soldered the wires, positive and negative. As for the yellow cables and pins 1 and 2 on the powerboard, that's the orange and white cable on the second image, correct? In which case which connector is DIMM & which one is On/Off? Can those two cables be cut off and redirected or do they still need to go to the videoboard?

I found a schematic that states is for the same monitor but for the ST2010 instead of ST2410, so the 20 inch, but on the schematics it shows 15 pins instead of 11, so a bit confusing, i included the pdf and the images from page 7 and 8. I'm wondering if it's the wrong schematic, although the model number is similar and even the image of the disassembly is the same.

Also, did you have to do any of the instructions on page 8 (attachment included) about restarting the IC if CCFL dies or did it work once you installed everything?
        Attached Files

Comment

My monitor finally died completely today after some crazy flickering yesterday Now it's 1 second on and then totally black screen. Going to have to wait for a while for the LED conversion kit to arrive.

Are pins 1 and 2 on the power board definitely the on/off and DIMM? Are they the orange and white cable in that photo? If so is pin 1 on the on/off or DIMM?

Also, @sergeykoren, what did you use as your 12v source? Was it one of the cables or one of those thin metal tracks? Any chance you took any photos?

Not sure if page 12 is relevant or helpful, but adding a screenshot of it as attachment.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, spent hours trying to do the LED upgrade mod and totally screwed everything up. LCD broken on the edge while trying to put everything back together which seemed next to impossible with all the layers sliding all over the place and not even fitting correctly and a pristine screen ended up with scratches for the first time.

Wasn't helped by watching a youtube video which advises to cut the new LED backlight wire (as they're both soldered on one end) and extend it to the other side to prevent voltage drop which made putting everything together that much more difficult with the extra wire and heatshrink and thickness; but mostly my own error of putting everything back incorrectly i think.

I have a pile of mess now ready for the bin. Very depressing. Hats off to anyone who's managed to do the mod on this monitor, would love to see the results whether it be a photo of video just to see what could have been.

To add insult to injury, my graphics card decided to play up now, ordered capacitors as some seem to be bulging.
            Last edited by xad; 07-30-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X