Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HPS5053X/XAA No pic or sound

Hello,

Have had this TV for a few years now, and for a while it has been having an issue with picture and sound. I didn't think of trying to salvage it until now.

TV purchased late '04. Had issues in '09 where there would be intermittent no picture with sound. Covered by extended warranty, a part was replaced, and it worked.

Prior to it completely going out of service this time it would show as not coming up with any picture, but with sound (like the previous instance), but now it is no picture or sound.

From the tech's comments on the reciept from the previous failure;
    PART FAILURE: SHORT OUT LOW BUFFER PANEL, DEAD STAC RESEARCH ORDER
    92 192STAC1 1

Model number: HPS5053X/XAA

I opened up the back panel, and found the following component (google says it's a Y buffer) with what seems to be burnt out.

My questions are:
    1) Could this be the Y-buffer that could be causing the issue?
    I checked to see if there were any more visibly burned out circuits but I didn't see any.
    2) Any troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue or find out what it is?

Thank you!

Re: Samsung HPS5053X/XAA No pic or sound

It's likely that the blown buffer took out the Y-main board too. Other than bringing this back to the top, that's really all the help I can offer.

Comment

Re: Samsung HPS5053X/XAA No pic or sound

It usually turns out that the Y-main failure is what kills the buffer, but a bad buffer on these models has the chance of killing the Y-main, too.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
      X