No announcement yet.

Elo TouchSystems ET1915L - how to open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elo TouchSystems ET1915L - how to open?

Originally posted by aaronplant View Post
    Hi there,

I realise that some time has elapsed on this thread, but I am hoping someone will be able to let me know more about how to open the case of the Elotouch ET1915L monitor. These units seem impervious to gentle encouragement, and I need some clear advice on where to prise the case etc. before I break it.

Can anyone please help? I noticed tmcw posted earlier in this thread and I am hoping me may be able to post some photos / advice on case removal for this screen?

Many thanks,

Aaron.
    In general you will find a seam that runs around the outer edge of the monitor. This is where the front and back meet. Usually the front has a lip that overlaps the back but the reverse may be true. First I remove any screws that might hole it together, then I start on the bottom (less obvious if you mar the surfaces) and slide a thin bladed screwdriver into the crack and lift the lip. Then I use a guitar pick to expand the gap, sliding it left and right, adding more guitar picks as necessary. As you continue up the sides you will hear the latches pop. Once the bottom and side latches are released the back (or sometimes the front) slides off.

Others use credit cards, a putty knife, a butter knife, etc instead of the guitar pick.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X