Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOC F22 Power issue.. Here's one for ya..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC F22 Power issue.. Here's one for ya..

First, MANY thanks to all here at BC.. There is a wealth of info here and some really kool folks!! Their posts have helped me tremendously in my humble learning.

OK.. I have an AOC F22 monitor that, after recapping, goes (DID) to black after a 2 - 3 minutes or so, quicker after it's been on and powered down with the button. BUT.. it gets better here :>)

I used Nichicon.. Panasonic and Rubycon

1. the two tall 680uf 35v was all I had
    2. the 22uf 50v checked OK so I left it.. didn't have a new one
    3. transformer secondaries = 6.16 each leg
    4. CCFLs checked in test board for 15 minutes OK
    5. jumped one blown fuse because had none to replace it
    6. Atlas ESR70 tester
    7. Fluke 115
    8. Jim Beam (Medicinal)

From here I have no clue and I'm just learning, so please pardon my ignorance.

NOW the catcher.. I powered the thing up to do some voltage checks to post here.. and it's been running about an hour now.. in it's case. BUT.... it did shut off again, and I used the power button to recycle power and then it flickered like it wanted to shut down... BUT NOT.. it's still on 1 1/2 hour total and now holding steady again ????????? wazzup with that ??

mo whiskey.. mo whiskey :>)

I know my solder joints aren't the prettiest, but they work... or at least I think they do and have in my other jobs...

I'm gonna leave it run if it will and see what happens... :>)
    If it continues to go south again, I'll be posting whatever I find (or not) on here.

Again.. thanks for the support !

still running...
    Attached Files

Re: AOC F22 Power issue.. Here's one for ya..

Update..

It's flickering and going black again. Any help appreciated..

Comment

Sounds like there is still a problem.

What about that fuse you bypassed? The location of it might help determine something useful.

As for the solder joints, if I could actually see them I could give an opinion... you need to get closer, use macro mode etc.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Thanks Agent24..

I'll work on some better shots f I tear into it again.. The monitor is still running again, with just a flicker now and then..

I think I blew the fuse when the board slid out of my hand and touches the metal case, discharging a cap. I heard it discharge. Difficult working with a broken finger.

Comment

Maybe something wrong with lamps or lamp wiring, I saw in some other threads that crappy wiring can cause problems.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

yep.. CCFLs checked OK on test board...

Out of the last 20+ monitors I've capped... this one is a puzzle...

Comment

Maybe your tester runs them at a lower voltage though, and the problem doesn't present itself there (but I am just guessing here)

Might need to get some more in-depth look at the PSU
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Thanks..

It;s running on a test machine.. and seems to be doing OK.. Just weird...

Comment

Working...
                X