Samsung 2493hm blue light blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 2493hm blue light blinking

OK i have looked at almost all of the posts on this monitor i got it for free so i would like to fix it because they would rock free 24 in hell ya
    OK but here is what i think i know
    the caps look good but i will replace them anyway but i don't know witch need replacing

i get a blue blinking light
    measuring what i think were voltage regulators on the logic board i got odd results voltage on both leads on both regulators would reach 3 or 5 volts but synced with the blue light the voltage would drop so that leads me to think power supply going back to what caps to replace
    any help would be great
    thanks

Re: Samsung 2493hm blue light blinking

Originally posted by kylejjjjj View Post
    i get a blue blinking light
    measuring what i think were voltage regulators on the logic board i got odd results voltage on both leads on both regulators would reach 3 or 5 volts but synced with the blue light the voltage would drop so that leads me to think power supply going back to what caps to replace
    Disconnect the main/logic board and see if you get stable 5V standby power first.

Good focused top down pictures of all your boards help us help you. See my sig file below and follow the instructions exactly.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok so i was not able to test but will be able to later today

here are the pics
      Attached Files

Comment

ok so i tested what i think is the right pin

pic with arrow provided

and i got a steady 5.22v
        Attached Files

Comment

and i got a steady 5.22v
          Okay, reconnect the main board. Is the corresponding 5V standby pin on the main board steady at 5.22V DC?
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

no it drops down to something around 4 volts then i also hear a shock like sound come from the power board synced with the voltage drop

Comment

no it drops down to something around 4 volts
              I can think of 2 possibilities although there could be more.

1) The standby 5V is failing under normal load.

2) Something on the main board is shorted and drawing too much current for the 5V standby rail to deliver.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

i believe its the first due to the strange noise coming from the power board but what should be done next im kinda new to this

Comment

i believe its the first due to the strange noise coming from the power board but what should be done next im kinda new to this
                  Go to Radio Shack and buy the two-pack of #47 lamp 272-1110. Hook one between the 5V output and ground of the power supply. If the power supply puts out a steady 5 volts, the problem is the signal board.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

would a 12v 50 mA bulb due the trick?

if so with the 12v 50mA bulb connected it sat at 5.22v
                    if not i will buy one tomorrow

what would be the next step if there was a short on the main board

Comment

would a 12v 50 mA bulb due the trick?

if so with the 12v 50mA bulb connected it sat at 5.22v
                      if not i will buy one tomorrow

what would be the next step if there was a short on the main board
                      Probably not, since you're testing the 5V output.

Comment

Hi,
                        I am not saying it is the same but just for your info, i have 2 of this main board drawing high current causing my Power board main fuse and a few other components to constantly blow. Link is here. Maybe you should follow Plainbill's suggestion using a 5V bulb.

Oh, while you are at it... If it is ok with you, are you able to help me measure the resistance (with power off) of the VDDC of IC300 (the big IC) on the main board to Gnd (screw of the main board).

I have yet to purchase the replacement of the main board because the RELIABLE choice vendor are limited. Plus it is not cheap for shipment to my country.

Comment

ok well i will buy the right bulb then and also if you could link me a data sheet so i know what pin i would be more than happy to help but keep in mind that i do believe my main board has a short somewhere hopefully that wont effect what you need

Comment

ok well i will buy the right bulb then and also if you could link me a data sheet so i know what pin i would be more than happy to help but keep in mind that i do believe my main board has a short somewhere hopefully that wont effect what you need
                            One point - there is nothing magic about the #47 light bulb. I wanted you to use something that handles a significant amount of current and was readily available. At one time Radio Shack carried a 10 ohm 5 watt resistor at most stores. That would have been ideal - we want to load the 5V supply at a respectable level. 50mA won't do it. 150 mA is better, but still lower than ideal. If you have a 5 -10 ohm resistor available, use that.

PlainBill
                            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

if you could link me a data sheet so i know what pin i would be more than happy to help but keep in mind that i do believe my main board has a short somewhere hopefully that wont effect what you need
                              You can refer to the PDF file in this post >> link. The PDF is the schematic diagram of the main board which you can also use with regards to your problem. Hopefully your Mainboard is not the culprit or even if it is, hopefully it is repairable.

I will just need your help on a resistance across either of the SMD capacitor marked C332, C334, C335, C336, C337, and C338. Mine was reading 30ohms one way & 100ohms when reversed. Which i am assuming that the IC300's on my mainboards are busted.

many thanks for your help.

Comment

Oops wrong thread. sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X