• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Benq Q7T4 / FP71G+

FQU11P06 should be the number on that part

Comment

Thanks heaps for the replies.

Work has gotten busy again so hopefully I'll get a moment to perform the tests and get back to you early next week.

Driftwood

Comment

Hey, OP here.

Just to let everyone know that I finally got around to replacing the two shorted components as was identified in earlier posts.

Everything works great now!

Thanks to everyone who had input with the troubleshooting process and to retired caps for walking me through most of it.

If anyone has any questions about my monitor, I'm still subscribed to this topic so anything relevant can be posted here!

Good luck to all those with similar problems, you should get it up and running again in no time.

Until later,
        jt

Comment

Hi everyone.

This is only for knowledge. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have replaced:
          2x C5707 with 2x D304X:

2x FQU11P06 with 2x SSM40N03P

1x picofuse 3A with glass fuse 3A

All components has been taken from two faulty ATX.

I know all this is not too prudent.

The monitor works great for four days.
          Till no fire

Thank you very much.

Comment

How did you get the front bezel separated from the back cover at the button bar? Mine seems to be stuck together on purpose. Is there something I am missing?
            Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Never mind, found a screw under the part of the stand that is screwed to the back of the monitor. You unscrew the stand and slide it out from the monitor case and the screw is visible and easy to remove. Thanks.

By The Way: Fixed my Benq. All of the large caps were blown with exception of The Beeg Boy as Rico Carty used to call himself (Old Braves Player, I'm an old Braves Fan). I also replaced the pico fuse and all the 5707's and the two fets. First time I plugged it in loud pop and whistle. Took it back apart and had blown one of the large 470uf 35v caps. I must have had it in back asswards. I replaced it correctly and the monitor works great now. I also replaced all the small alum. electr. caps.
              Last edited by killian6pk; 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM. Reason: Wanted to add p.s.
              Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

HI guys first of all really great info on your site good work

i have the same model the fp71g+ the only difference is the the board is differrent. i repaired already benq models but never saw a board like the one i have now,also i can`t find out the fault. i`m posting some pictures maybe you spot something. thanks in advance
                Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by speedcrs View Post
                  HI guys first of all really great info on your site good work

i have the same model the fp71g+ the only difference is the the board is differrent. i repaired already benq models but never saw a board like the one i have now,also i can`t find out the fault. i`m posting some pictures maybe you spot something. thanks in advance
                  Chris
                  Can you please give a description of the problem/symptoms?

Comment

monitor is switching on showing benq logo ,then after 5 secwill switch off with power switch light changing color

Comment

Originally posted by speedcrs View Post
                      monitor is switching on showing benq logo ,then after 5 secwill switch off with power switch light changing color
                      Is the monitor attached to a video source? Changing color like it's going into sleep mode (like changing from green / blue to amber)?

Comment

yes attached to a pc that works normally on other screens.it switches on normally then switches of after few sec. it is not changing any colors.
                        i have fixed similar models to this but never this type of board

Comment

Sounds like 2 seconds to black - issues include bad capacitors, shorted transistors, bad ccfl's, bad wiring to the ccfl's, etc. The following post is a guide to troubleshooting 2 seconds to black written by retiredcaps.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Comment

Hi Again. will follow your link and will let you know. thanks for now

Comment

Working...
                            X